Fabia Chipped Performance Question

grizzly

I wouldn't say you ain't no expert - you sounds pretty educated to me! :D

I should note that the people that have done this trick have got rid of the soot once and for all. So there must be some connection...

Anyway, as I'm interested in the truth and nothing but the truth, hopefully we can have a real diesel buff telling us the real deal. If you haven't already done so... (in that case, I'd like some confirmation :D )

Yes, erm please excuse the spelling in my previous post!

I think its definitely worth disabling the EGR, for engine longevity if nothing else!

When I disconnected mine, I did take a quick look at the EGR and there was a thin film of gunge inside. I gave it a quick clean, although its not easy to reach the moving parts inside without completely taking the thing apart.

It is actaully connected back up at the moment, mainly because turbo whistle is more pronounced and annoying too, after a while.

I had also managed to convince myself that power output had dropped with the vacuum plugged.

Perhaps I should do some testing next time I visit a rolling road!

What I really need to do is find someone with a VAG-COM and who knows the correct settings to be made, to "fool" the EGR valve into staying shut.

If your'e looking for diesel buffs, try TDICLUB. Some of the guys on there really know their stuff!

The link to the Canadian TDIClub is here. I agree with Matthew that the site is well worth visiting. Loads of interesting stuff there to read even if you don't own a diesel.

Originally posted by Dutch4x4 in this post

So what's their educated opinion on Gunge and the Black Smoke? (Sounds like a western...)

:D:rofl:

Worth having a look at the TDI FAQ section on the website.

There is a little bit of info under the "maintenance - intake manifold and EGR cleaning"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody

I'm from Portugal

I own a Fabia break TDI and i've recently invested in a Upsolute's chip and i'm satisfied with the gains.

It has, wath they call, the standard file and in the last dyno test it acused 124hp and 304nm.:)

Upsolute also have a strongfile witch i am tempted to try.

:D :D

I also turned off the EGR, made a CCV bypass, instaled a K&N filter and took off the last "exaust"> (don't rebember de word)

My Fabia has already 112000 km and is in good health.

• 3 months later...