V Switch remap

Hi,

Just thought i'd post my feedback on my remap which I bought from Viezu last month. I decided to go for the V Switch because it gives the benefit of being able to remove and install the map yourelf within a matter of a few minutes, and I liked the convenience of that and being able to use it on my next car (they charge for the next remap like most suppliers do) I asked Viezu many questions before buying it as at first I went in with a lot of suspicions. My main fear was that the map would be too agressive but they told me they'd be able to tune it up or down to how I wanted it and would not sacrifice driveability.

In the end I opted for the eco remap and peformance/eco map and have tried both of them and have to say the result is very impressive! :D

My best mate drove my vRS with the performance/eco map and she immediately noticed how much better it pulled compared to hers which is currently standard. I drove hers and could not keep up and she was able to over take me without even flooring it. Don't get me wrong hers as standard is still very quick in gear but mine was just had the edge and it pulled well all the way to about 90mph(couldn't go any faster due to road conditions). Power really kicks in from about 50mph onwards; slight improvement in torque before 50mph also.

I'll be putting it back onto the ecomap by end of the week because i'm trying to save fuel this month and think there's still plenty an increase with that map.

Fuel economy has improved with the remap as i'm seeing slightly better mpg from it.

Their labels for these maps "ecomap" and "performance blend" is a bit of a misnomer because nothing really is eco; it's more to do with the driveability that allows you better engine efficiency. But apart from their labelling the maps themselves are very good and a generous warranty.

Thank You for that great review. I now makes me even more tempted to buy one. As I mentioned in my PM, a month ago, their maps are known to be very smooth, so being clutch/gearbox friendly.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? Did you pay full price?

Thank You for that great review. I now makes me even more tempted to buy one. As I mentioned in my PM, a month ago, their maps are known to be very smooth, so being clutch/gearbox friendly.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? Did you pay full price?

Thanks, to be honest I was so sceptical even when it arrived I actually thought i'd be returning it back to them within 7 days(they offer this)

because it was either too powerful or not smooth enough but they surprised me and got it right. I'm very difficult to satisfy usually so things have to be 100% perfect on my car otherwise not happy.lol

I paid £400+VAT for it. It is obviously more than going to a remapper but it was the control over the switch box that to me is a major benefit.

This is what they have on their website, http://www.viezu.com/

FABIA 1.9 TDI RS

Original BHP: 130

Eco map

Power: 28 bhp

Torque: 55 Nm

Fuel saving: 15 %

Power Map

Power Increase: 38 bhp

Torque Increase: 75 Nm

Taken from Performance Improvement Calculator Strangely it has a Fabia RS petrol with a 160BHP 1.8TSI Turbo.

I believe Viezu have taken over ChippedUK (you might have heard of them). You can buy for £300 ish, 1 map (without the box), but this is obviously permanent.

Edited by Jim H

sounds like a good alternative to a remap, do they quote rough bhp figures? i havent heard of that company, some of that £400 you'll get back should you ever sell though?

yes, 20bhp on the ecoremap and upto 30bhp on the performance one.

• 5 months later...

...and a generous warranty.

How does the warranty work? Is it an insurance policy or is it a piece of paper that may as well say "F*** off" on it?

I only ask because all the sensible remap warranties I have ever seen have either run alongside the manufacturers warranty (ABT New Car Plan, Superchips, MTM - all of which cover anything rejected by the manufacturer) or they have sold a completely new warranty package for the car if it was out of manufacturers warranty (ABT Used Car Plan which covers car up to 5 years old for ANYTHING that goes wrong apart from wear and tear).

Most other tuners warranties are very loose indeed, with many having to fall back on their professional indemnity insurance if they get sued.

[Edit]Having looked at Viezu's website, they are in the Professional Indemnity camp. You will have to sue them for a warranty claim.[/Edit]

Edited by wja96

Will re-mapping invalidate my car's warranty?

The way Viezu files reprogramme a vehicle is completely undetectable. All codes and diagnostics that a dealer may read will remain exactly the same. We say it with confidence because of the rigorous testing regime all files go through, and we even give a 24 month software warranty to you.

But be warned - not all tuning companies can say this.

[/Quote]

Completely undetectable eh?

Should I tell my insurance company?

Whilst the upgrade is undetectable, the responsible answer to this question has to be "yes", your insurance company should be notified. However, many insurance companies do not penalise you for upgrades of this nature, particularly if you're tuning for increased economy.

Adrian Flux is one such company.

[/Quote]

I think I'll phone Adrian Flux tomorrow and ask them about a 28bhp remap increase (for economy purposes of course) and see if they don't penalise me.

Edited by wja96