I'm in two minds

sounds like a good price, does that include wear and tear ? how does it match up to other companys warrantys ?

Price was for a two year Skoda warranty. I doubt that coverage includes wear and tear items, but dealer had run out of leaflets so I'm not sure. I see Allams are now offering this for £499 with a free multi-point check if your car doesn't meet the requirement to have been serviced within the last 30 days. My dealer wanted £75 to do the check, but as I've had the car serviced there from new I'd have haggled hard to get this for free.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/166448-extended-your-warranty/page__pid__2029454__st__0entry2029454

PS Does anyone have a copy of the Skoda extended warranty small print that they could post here to help those who may be interested? Unsurprisingly there's no information on the Skoda UK website :thumbdown:

Edited by Mercurio

PS Does anyone have a copy of the Skoda extended warranty small print that they could post here to help those who may be interested? Unsurprisingly there's no information on the Skoda UK website :thumbdown:

My dealer had only one copy and I have just given it back. The small print is actually not at all small, all of the things not covered are on page 2 and are in size 14+ font.

Things not covered (from memory) are pretty much interior trim, body panels, paint, consumables, airbags, brake and clutch wear, battery, bulbs, wheels, tyres, etc

I wass told to expect the whole policy between 1-3 weeks, I could type it up when it arrives if you like.

does the car need to be serviced by skoda, to keep the warranty in force ?

As I get my car serviced there anyway I forgot to ask, but there is a part of the warranty book that requires it's own service stamps, so I would imagine so.

Allams have replied to me but it looks like I can't buy the warranty through them as apparently a Skoda service isn't enough, the car needs to be serviced by them or have the check carried out at their garage which simply isn't an option for my car.

John

I got the extension right when I bought the car and would always do it again. Too many bad experiences in the past. And if your car was perfect over two years this is by no means a sign that it will stay that way.

So, yes yes and again yes, go for it....

I had 05 2.0FSi manual from new and, at only 21K, just before the warranty ran out I had to have new A/C compressor - and, just as I traded in for my new TSi, the FSi cat. converter was on its way out. So though I personally had no big bills, I reckon a few were on the way.