New Small Skoda

johnwillie

The Yeti is miles nicer looking than any VW 4x4! (unless you consider the wartime VW Beetle on a Kubelwagen/Schwimwagen chassis with raised ride height and 4 wheel drive!! :giggle: ) Could this new small car be a rebadged Alto in the end then?...BTW 'Popular' would be an ideal name for it as it is a name from Skodas past - they could also use Favorit if they wanted to as that was used before in the 1930s.

The Yeti is miles nicer looking than any VW 4x4! (unless you consider the wartime VW Beetle on a Kubelwagen/Schwimwagen chassis with raised ride height and 4 wheel drive!! :giggle: ) Could this new small car be a rebadged Alto in the end then?...BTW 'Popular' would be an ideal name for it as it is a name from Skodas past - they could also use Favorit if they wanted to as that was used before in the 1930s.

Yeti is way too blokey for mum doing the school run in ;) ..... no seriously I do live in the sticks and Lissy grounds out a lot and if it rains I get stuck in the village. But it will be used for doing the school run, shopping and taking the dog to the woods or up the hills. So its gotta be a girly car... unless it looks prettier than in pictures it'll never get my vote.

Something really needs to be done about boot space in the Lupo/Arosa class. The swift is spacy in the boot why cant these be as well

Some nice drugs your on there..lol

Its true - The Toureg and Tiguan are boring as **** , The Ford Kuga is probably the best looking SUV in the Yeti class though , even the new KIA Sportage is nicer than the Vws.

Its true - The Toureg and Tiguan are boring as **** , The Ford Kuga is probably the best looking SUV in the Yeti class though , even the new KIA Sportage is nicer than the Vws.

I'd buy a Kuga :) We had a Sportage while we had all that snow as Lummox's place are also a Kia dealer so he borrowed one :D... but I wouldnt have a Sportage out of principle after we also borrowed a Rio. Since driving that I will never ever buy a Kia!

No rear engine RWD is disappointing. That thing would have had a bigger boot that way around plus would have been more fun to drive.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I have read on this topic news about Skodas. I have one, too. Facelifted Skoda Roomster was spy photographed. It was heavily camouflaged.

I hope you enjoy th pics and tel me what you think of the new model that is to come.

http://www.auto-power-girl.com/cars-news/2010/10/05/skoda/4970/facelifted_skoda_roomster_was_spy_photographed.html

I understand Skoda are also introducing a car placed somewhere between a Fabia and a Octavia! Not sure what sort of chassis this will be based on.

Got a funny feeling this could be the new Felicia?

Is the use of that name confirmed? I know Skoda has a habit of recycling names of older cars, but the Octavia was in the 60's before it came to life again in around 1997. The Fabia replaced the Felicia and is the same sized sort of car and even featured an engine used in the Felicia in the form of the 1.4 mpi.

Edited by anewman

I understand Skoda are also introducing a car placed somewhere between a Fabia and a Octavia! Not sure what sort of chassis this will be based on.

I would say it will be a Golf Astra Focus size car based on Octavia Golf Yeti A3 ect platform

Seems rather pointless to me, I don't see that there's a gap in the market between the two cars, when you take into account the Fabia comes in an estate variant. There is a clear gap at something below the Fabia though, like the Toyota IQ, Smart car, etc etc.

Is the use of that name confirmed? I know Skoda has a habit of recycling names of older cars, but the Octavia was in the 60's before it came to life again in around 1997. The Fabia replaced the Felicia and is the same sized sort of car and even featured an engine used in the Felicia in the form of the 1.4 mpi.

Not sure mate, but I'm sure there was a link about it here on this fine forum.

• 1 year later...

Kubelwagen was never produced as a 4x4? They made 6 prototypes and decided it wasn't worth the bother.

Also surely Skoda had enough bother with Ford with "RS" without using "Popular"!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...