Feeler Cat & Fiddle Meet 17th July

jaymd

Just a feeler for anyone wanting a little meet in place of the RR @ Awesome that has been cancelled.

If we can get say half a dozen or so i will attend for a few hours and maybe a little drive as well.

Say 11am?

1. Jaymd

2. chrisw880 (work dependent)

3. Philje123 (DIY dependent)

4. Sharkrider

there would have to be a drive and lunch though for me, its too far just for a coffee ;) keep us updated :thumbup:

Edited by sharkrider

I'm not sure what I'm up to on the 17th, but I'll make it if I can. :)

The pub is The Red Lion in Thorncliffe (near Leek). They tended to want bookings though for a group though and I have a vague recollection that they don't normally open on a Saturday, it's just that in the past there's been enough of a following at these meets for them to open on our account. They are well suited though due to their massive car park. The food at the Legh Arms at Adlington wasn't bad though when we had a mini meet there earlier this year - that might be an option if the Red Lion isn't available. I'd be very surprised if the Legh Arms isn't open on a Saturday. Only a matter of 10 minutes drive from the hills so not that much of a diversion.

It's worth pointing out that there are now average speed cameras on the Cat & Fiddle road (A537) and also on the A54 between Buxton and Wildboarclough. There are still plenty of good roads in the area and tbh it isn't impossible to have fun on the C&F and still average less than 50mph anyway, just have to pootle along the straights. :)

If I am available, I could probably lead the drive if people want . . .

I'm up for it. I could lead a bit of a drive with some interesting roads and a bit of nice scenery, potentially even a blast through a 300 metre railway tunnel. Maybe fish and chips at Matlock Bath might work for a cheapish food idea or the Manifold Inn near Hartington. It should be workable as long as numbers don't get mad.

I'm up for it. I could lead a bit of a drive with some interesting roads and a bit of nice scenery, potentially even a blast through a 300 metre railway tunnel. Maybe fish and chips at Matlock Bath might work for a cheapish food idea or the Manifold Inn near Hartington. It should be workable as long as numbers don't get mad.

thanks for the offer sounds good to me....... can we get an updated list and start time? (meeting for coffee at the cat'n'fiddle I assume!)

updated list:

1. Jaymd

4. Sharkrider

5. vrsfab

can anyone comming add their name? or not comming remove it?

whoever does a drive, can we have a strat time? (vrsfab or Rob [yashicamat])

Edited by sharkrider

The C&F opens at 11am so we could have a coffee, I can then make up a bit of a run down to MB for an hour or so, chips, then another hour or so and back to the C&F. Scenery stops, thrashing and chatting can be adjusted to suit what people want to do.

The C&F opens at 11am so we could have a coffee, I can then make up a bit of a run down to MB for an hour or so, chips, then another hour or so and back to the C&F. Scenery stops, thrashing and chatting can be adjusted to suit what people want to do.

sounds good to me. anyone else putting their names up?

I'll have to unwrap Roxy again though lol.. :)

image0213a.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by sharkrider

sorry to hear that... this is the only list we have... anyone want to add their names and offer to do a drive?

1. Jaymd

4. Sharkrider

no drive means I wont bother, long way from the borders! i would like a drive out tomorrow though.. ROB! get your ass out of bed and come for a pub lunch ;)

Sorry Dave,

I may not be able to make it as well.

Going looking at a Fabia in the morning but will confirm tonight if i can re-arrange things.

Sorry - just seen this (blame the new forum software). I'm available until midday-ish, if anything's happening...

Going looking at a Fabia in the morning but will confirm tonight if i can re-arrange things.

And Jay, you after a Fabia? ;)http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/167963-for-sale-wardys-fabia-vrs/

Cheers,

Steve