Engine undertray

Was driving along the M11 and something hit the undertray and dislodged it. I pulled over and noticed the tap screws were missing for the sides (2) and front (3-5). Only 3 were holding the back and the front was just wedged into the bumper. I've taken it off and need to get hold of the screws. Any ideas what exactly they are called and where i can get them from?

Well ive had issues with these short stubby twisty screws and in the end i replaced them with a large gauge self tap screw and the clip it screws into...plus i needed a few washers....but halfords or any good car accesory shop should have what you need in order to re-fit the under tray...hope that helps

Was driving along the M11 and something hit the undertray and dislodged it. I pulled over and noticed the tap screws were missing for the sides (2) and front (3-5). Only 3 were holding the back and the front was just wedged into the bumper. I've taken it off and need to get hold of the screws. Any ideas what exactly they are called and where i can get them from?

Seem to remember someone said you can buy the undertray screws direct for dealer. Keep meaning to go and get some myself, but never got around to it.

They'll know what you mean by undertray.

£2.50 each from the dealer, while you are there get the clips that the bolts lock to, these are 0.50p each, and the inner wing ones are the most likely to be shot, which is why the bolts go missing.

Thanks mate. Bloody expensive for what they are however a small price to pay to protect the engine

Maybe a bit late, but watch out as there are two lengths used - I seem to remember that one length is black(ish) and the other length is silver(ish). Therev have been write ups on a few A4/Passat/Superb detailing p/ns and what goes where.

Maybe a bit late, but watch out as there are two lengths used - I seem to remember that one length is black(ish) and the other length is silver(ish). Therev have been write ups on a few A4/Passat/Superb detailing p/ns and what goes where.

You are right iirc, the inner wing ones are black and hex shaped, the rear ones are dome'd shaped, and I'm pretty sure the front ones are also dome'd as well, and there's the 10mm one in centre front.

In a fit of sheer Teutonic genius, there are FOUR types of fixings for the front undertray on the B5.5.

The wheelarch fixings are black nylon coinhead "screws" with a "T" shaped barb at the business end to engage with the plastic inserts in the undertray.

The underside fixings are metal Dzus fasteners - but of course dear old VAG have to use two types - black and silver - and the lengths are different. (just slightly).

There is also a central M6 nut at the front.

No wonder the dealers never put them back properly. (Mine was incorrectly fitted with missing fixings after just one dealer service in Mansfield).

What a bunch of idiot designers these people are - the Japanese or the Americans would never do that.

rotodiesel.