Exit Assist

PALIMAN

Park assist

How it works

The park assist system can assist you with parking in a suitable parallel parking space between two vehicles or behind a vehicle.

On selection (and travelling below 30 km/h) the park assist automatically searches for suitable parking spaces using sensors mounted in the bumpers. During the parking procedure the park assist only takes over the steering movements, the pedals and gears continue to be operated by the driver.

This option also includes front park sensors (rear sensors standard on SE & Elegance) which can be controlled indipendantly of the Park assist program via it's own switch. Also manual 2wd models fitted with this option will have ESP fitted as part of the package for no additional cost.

Worth having?

If you do a lot of street parking this could be for you. A number of owners have commented on how small a space the system can fit the Yeti into. Although there has been the odd negative comment such as not it not recognising a large space as suitable, overall I think owners who have this system fitted are happy with it.

One month since delivery and 1200miles on the clock. Use it everyday.... My thoughts on Park Assist are its brill so long as the cars you allow Yeti to squeeze in between have moved on by the time you want to leave. Twice had experience where i've been nervous about getting the car out of the space Park Assist has managed to put it in. Now I won't let it squeeze into a space I wouldn't attempt to manually park in.... Anyone else had a similar experience?

Twice had experience where i've been nervous about getting the car out of the space Park Assist has managed to put it in. Now I won't let it squeeze into a space I wouldn't attempt to manually park in.... Anyone else had a similar experience?

It also makes you wonder whether the system could 'block in' the cars parked in front of, or behind a 'park assisted' Yeti. :(

It also makes you wonder whether the system could 'block in' the cars parked in front of, or behind a 'park assisted' Yeti. :(

Good point, very irritating to be boxed in by the thoughtless, and could lead to the very damage park assist is trying to help avoid. Gizzmos shouldn't be used as a substitute for common sense and good manners.

Also manual 2wd models fitted with this option will have ESP fitted as part of the package for no additional cost.

Are you sure this is right?

That seems a big freebie when the ESP is 390 pounds and park assist is 460.

Are you sure this is right?

That seems a big freebie when the ESP is 390 pounds and park assist is 460.

The brochures have always stated it thus (for SE spec and below):

Park assist (incl front and rear parking sensors + ESP) £391.49 £68.51 £460.00

It is therefore galling that Park Assist is still a £460 option on Elegance models considering that ESP is standard with Elegance spec. emoticon-0145-shake.gif Though the acoustic parking sensors on their own are £270 so you can't expect to just pay £70 for Park Assist on an Elegance! Oh well... Maybe SUK understands their pricing model. I don't.

Interesting...

So if you want ESP and front sensors you are better off just buying park assist even if you don't use it, as the front sensors and ESP individually come to more.

I think ESP should be standard. It's a safety system that would actually help reviews of the Yeti. And it obviously costs them next to nothing to fit it.

Edited by CT17

Interesting...

So if you want ESP and front sensors you are better off just buying park assist even if you don't use it, as the front sensors and ESP individually come to more.

Or you wait until 2011 (or is it 2012?) when all new cars have to have ESP as standard due to EU rules.

Mercedes have said a few years ago in an ad campaign that more people's lives have been saved by ESP than by airbags since ESP prevents the accident from happening in the first instance.

Exactly, does made you wonder why it's not fitted as standard by a maker such as Skoda, when it doesn't cost them much. Less than 100 per car probably... just raise base spec cars by a tiny amount. Cost verses safety implications seems silly that the EU have to force makers to do it.

Exactly, does made you wonder why it's not fitted as standard by a maker such as Skoda, when it doesn't cost them much. Less than 100 per car probably... just raise base spec cars by a tiny amount. Cost verses safety implications seems silly that the EU have to force makers to do it.

Think a good percentage of European countries do fit ESP as standard. It's more down to SUK who seem to have an aversion to safety systems, can't even opt for rear side airbags here; they do (SUK) like large alloys, leather and good stereos though :S

TP