hesitating on acceleration

Was just looking for a bit of advice, my superb has just recently had the big drive belt that goes round all the pulleys replaced and i dunno if its coincidence but its now not as smooth in its power delivery, at about 1500rpm till 1800rpm its as if it has a flat spot and missing power, so it now drives like it has no power then bang a great big slug and you accelerate forward, its not too noticable but a bit of a pain, its only if you floor it to accelerate hard ie for overtaking that its noticable but id still like it back to the way it was before as its kinda on or off powerwise, its done 252k miles so its seen some action but its not driven hard and always oil changed and looked after, just wondered if it was to do with that belt or is my turbo or something on the way out, sorry for the long winded explanation. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Steven

Do you mean the cambelt (which is behind a cover), or the auxiliary drive belt (which you can see, and drives things like the alternator). If it's the cambelt that's just been done, I would suggest it's an issue with the timing. If it's the aux drive belt, maybe there's an issue with its tension???

Otherwise, it might be that the vanes in the turbo are a bit sticky. You can often cure this with an Italian tune-up, but don't go mental, in case it isn't that!!! Another possibility is that one of the little rubber vacuum hoses has a kink or a blockage, or possibly even a split or a hole - this will just be a case of following them from one end to the other to make sure they're OK.

I take you don't have any lights on the dash that would suggest a fault code being logged?

its the auxiliary belt that was replaced, it maybe just coincidence that it appeared just soon after that was done. Thanks for the advice, will have a wee look at the hopses when i get the chance, no lights on dashboard either. R.e the iatalian tune up lol i always give the car a good clear out every now and the, it does a 60mile commute every day mostly motorway so it gets fully warmed up.