Iphone 4 jailbreak released

roo

easy way to jailbreak is via a website called jailbreakme.com. Just perform a backup in iTunes prior to it and your sorted. It takes a couple of minutes can do it over 3G but best over WIFI. It installs cydia and away you go.

JailBreakMe.com this is the FAQ to answer all your questions :-) if you do it from an apple device it just says slide to Jailbreak. Ive done it to my iphone4 and ipad.

For FREE applications and games i'd add in a source called http://cydia.hackulous.us

Its great for most appliations and games and did i mention its FREE!

Ryan

That's exactly what this thread tells you in the first couple of posts if you read it from the beginning!!!

Cheers

Dave.

I do mine on the release day (of the jb of course).

Btw, Installous is good, but appcake is better as installous only allows you to search apptrackr, while appcake does 3 of them (apptrackr.org,iphonecake.com and some other), so more sites = more good dl links.

Source for appcake is cydia.iphonecake.com and then install appcake via cydia.

To anyone worried about legalities/phones breaking:

1. Apple will not touch a currently jailbroken iphone (tested in the oxford street store). Restoring takes 5 minutes (also done in the oxford street store, while making the tech guy wait :D). They are happy to help with issues, when you take the jb off right infront of their eyes.

2. The current jb's DO NOT break iphones. Lockups, screwups etc usually result as a result of idiocy of the person following the tutorial. However that is taken out of the equation with jailbreakme.com. IF something does mess up, connect to itunes, click restore and then go to jailbreakme.com - MAGIC

3. It's currently LEGAL in the USA to jailbreak iphones, however it still voids warranty in some states. In the uk, the warranty is void only for the time the jb is active, restoring it, restores the warranty. (tested).

funny fact: more than half of the people who work in the oxford street store and have iphones (almost all of them, they get great deals), have jailbroken their units. (I know this for a fact as a very good friend of mine works there.)

Sorry Dave, saw the links but not the jailbreakme.com link, i was only trying to be helpfull ;-)

Ryan

S'ok.... I put a winky emoticon at the end of the post but looks like i deleted it as soon as i put it in there..... It wasn't meant to sound sarky but without the winky it does. :)

Cheers

Dave.

Just did this on my friends iPhone 3G at the weekend.

I just casually asked if he wanted his iPhone jailbreaking he said yes and 5 mins later it was done! He was very impressed!

Phil

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just jailbroken my Iphone 3gs which was on 4.1...dead easy after watching this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQlttMr1BZU

Don't know if this helps anyone as jailbreakme does not support 4.1.

Woody

I'm running JailBreakMe on 4.0.1 so this could be the next route for myself if i ever decide to upgrade to 4.1 on my 3GS. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

just jailbroke my 3gs after updating to 4.1 :thumbup:

while phone is connected

use http://limera1n.com/ then either download for windows or mac, follow the instructions in the little box that appears.

open limerain on phone once installed and install cydia once thats installed open cydia click manage then sources and add cydia.hackulo.us once thats installed click installous and install it :thumbup:

Edited by sivrs