V G

I think its the diagnostic cable that is plugged into car, under the steering wheel. Hook it up to a PC or Laptop and tinker away.. Usefull for finding the cause of faults and resetting problems. I've just bought 1 of e-bay. Cheap as chips <£10. Not sure if i'll be able to understand all the data, but worth a go i guess....

Thanks for that Would this cable help me to diagnose the fault on the rear interior lights & reversing sensors,or is it just mechanical? Is it model orientated i.e. V6 2.5 tdi or does it do a range of vehicles

Thanks

Tel

Have you checked your n/s/r carpets for water ingress?

hi gizmo Thats what I am on with at the moment. Water in both F & B have taken out the seat & now need to take out the rear, can u help on that 1. Once thats done I am going to solder everything in sight & then cover in vaseline spray the loom tie wrap & then wrap with that vaseline impregnated tape that they used for wrapping the old metal gas pipes. Mind u that could be a bad idea because sometimes wrapping cables can act like a pipe carrying water from an area where u can,t wrap them, to a socket or something like that.

If that isn,t successful I will probably sell the car! I haven,t any interior rear lights, sunvisor mirror lights,or reversing sensors. I have EMailed Skoda head office for help but I am not really expecting a reply, which is sad. their is a lot of competion vehicle wise so if you are thinking of changing your vehicle customer service can be a deciding factor.

Tel

hi gizmo Thats what I am on with at the moment. Water in both F & B have taken out the seat & now need to take out the rear, can u help on that 1. Once thats done I am going to solder everything in sight & then cover in vaseline spray the loom tie wrap & then wrap with that vaseline impregnated tape that they used for wrapping the old metal gas pipes. Mind u that could be a bad idea because sometimes wrapping cables can act like a pipe carrying water from an area where u can,t wrap them, to a socket or something like that.

If that isn,t successful I will probably sell the car! I haven,t any interior rear lights, sunvisor mirror lights,or reversing sensors. I have EMailed Skoda head office for help but I am not really expecting a reply, which is sad. their is a lot of competion vehicle wise so if you are thinking of changing your vehicle customer service can be a deciding factor.

Tel

Yes indeed a good customer service is essential.. Thats why i got rid of my Vauxhall Vectra..

This is how they come out on a Superb with fixed rear seats (cars built before May 2004) the later ones may be the same as it's only the seat backs that fold anyway and the bases are still fixed:

First you pull the front edge of the seat straight up, then you have to push the sides of the base in a little (as far back as you can) to release the rear of the base.

skodasuperb187520021733bv0.jpg

Yes indeed a good customer service is essential.. Thats why i got rid of my Vauxhall Vectra..

Strange, when I had my VX Cav GSI 2000 16V 4X4 (yes all that was written on the boot!), I joined the VX Performance Car Club, which as well as other things, allowed you to talk to VX - which I only needed to do twice to get part numbers for retro fitting some later parts from the Cav Turbo 4X4 - and they quickly helped me out. VW on the other hand ignored and changed my reg number after I infromed them that I had imported a car - so I missed any possibilities of getting contacted for re-calls! Also a query about front brakes washing out said "buy A4/A6 equivalent parts as they have been upgraded" - at that request they did not know the car was a personal import, while they did admit that that problem was well known, they informed me that it was being designed out of the face-lifted cars (B5.5) and it was not really a VAG problem as other manufacturers were also having problems - that was not really a smart bit of customer service help, more a head in the sand!

Strange, when I had my VX Cav GSI 2000 16V 4X4 (yes all that was written on the boot!), I joined the VX Performance Car Club, which as well as other things, allowed you to talk to VX - which I only needed to do twice to get part numbers for retro fitting some later parts from the Cav Turbo 4X4 - and they quickly helped me out. VW on the other hand ignored and changed my reg number after I infromed them that I had imported a car - so I missed any possibilities of getting contacted for re-calls! Also a query about front brakes washing out said "buy A4/A6 equivalent parts as they have been upgraded" - at that request they did not know the car was a personal import, while they did admit that that problem was well known, they informed me that it was being designed out of the face-lifted cars (B5.5) and it was not really a VAG problem as other manufacturers were also having problems - that was not really a smart bit of customer service help, more a head in the sand!

I'm not saying Skoda are good, its just that Vauxhall dealers were a bunch of idiots imho. Luckily ive not had any dealings with Skoda yet........

This is how they come out on a Superb with fixed rear seats (cars built before May 2004) the later ones may be the same as it's only the seat backs that fold anyway and the bases are still fixed:

First you pull the front edge of the seat straight up, then you have to push the sides of the base in a little (as far back as you can) to release the rear of the base.

skodasuperb187520021733bv0.jpg

Tried today to lift the seat out but couldn,t manage it. I will have to get a bit of " muscle" in to give me a hand. Our car is a 06 so it may be different to the 04 I am taking it in to the garage to get the radio code so I will try & have a word with the mechanic about it.

Thanks again

Porky