Correct procedure for holding DSG model on a hill

Skoda Customer Services say "when coming to a temporary stop in traffic and driving away again the vehicle should be in Drive and with the footbrake on".

I'm concerned, though, that this procedure will put unecesary wear on the clutch.

Any other views on this ?

To the best of my knowledge, the foot break, when the car is at a stop, disengages the clutch. I have over 330,000kms on my DSG now and it is still fine. (knock on wood)

There are a lot of topics about this on the web. And with different conclusions. I personally think it is an automatic gearbox and therefore it is not neccesary to change to N when stopping (briefly).

If you stop for more than 5 minutes (traffice jam, accident, open bridge etc) then set it to N. Otherwise keep it in D with the footbrake on. This will also activate the Hill Hold system so you dont have to use the handbrake.

The dsg box automatically shifts into neutral from what I can tell from the revs and noises etc.

At low speed with no throttle my dsg box shifts into neutral and coasts, fuel saving I suppose, my automatic lorry also does this.

The hill hold works only when in D, on an upward incline, and having depressed the brake pedal and brought the car to a complete stop, it holds on the brakes and not on the clutch, I can hear the rear disks release when you apply the throttle.

My observations at least.

HTH