My turn for a "woohoo, it's alive" thread

Had an email from my dealer a couple of hours ago to confirm that, as promised, my heavily optioned Scout was built last week (Week 30 - first week back after the factory summer holidays) and they now have a chassis number to go with the order number. So that makes it 7 weeks from ordering to being built, which sounds pretty good from what I've been reading here. The only slightly depressing aspect is that it now has to come half way round the world, which takes a little longer than your typical trip from Emden to Grimsby docks :giggle: . The ETA into Auckland is 30th Sept, with delivery to Christchurch one week later.

I know some on this forum have enjoyed following their car on its journey across the sea. I wonder if it will be possible for me to track my car's progress round the world?

FFS!

Mine's due to be built this week (31) after ordering way back in March!!! :wonder:

Don't worry, you're not alone. We ordered so long ago that I can't remember the exact month, and it still hasn't turned up yet. I think it's meant to be built this week.

I'm sure we were meant to get it before mid-July originally, and now it looks like we'll be lucky to get it before September. :-(

Don't worry, you're not alone. We ordered so long ago that I can't remember the exact month, and it still hasn't turned up yet. I think it's meant to be built this week.

I'm sure we were meant to get it before mid-July originally, and now it looks like we'll be lucky to get it before September. :-(

My latest update (read: reply to my complaint about the lateness) was a perky "You'll get it for the new registration"! :giggle:

Edited by NikNak

My latest update (read: reply to my complaint about the lateness) was a perky "You'll get it for the new registration"! :giggle:

That's pretty much what we've been told, too. Estimates for time between being built and delivery have ranged from ten days to six weeks. =8-O

Just looked at our original order: order placed 20th March (for a car that was already, allegedly, in the production queue); estimated delivery date: 31st May! Yeah, right.

Eddie, KikNak,

you are not alone.....

I ordered my VRS CR DSG on 25/03/2010 and it has not been built yet!

Latest build date is week 31 (this week!).

No doubt this will change again..............

Ruddy hell

Ordered mine on March 11th. Drove it away May 5th

Got 5800 miles on the clock now.

Though, I didn't have a "from scratch" order - I picked one already in the queue, build date was something like March 29th :)

Ruddy hell

Ordered mine on March 11th. Drove it away May 5th

Got 5800 miles on the clock now.

Though, I didn't have a "from scratch" order - I picked one already in the queue, build date was something like March 29th :)

Ours was also, allegedly, in the queue; we deliberately went for that, rather than picking our own spec, so we'd get it a bit quicker. Needn't have bothered.

I guess it was so close to the changeover for MY11 that it got delayed.

Eddie, KikNak,

you are not alone.....

I ordered my VRS CR DSG on 25/03/2010 and it has not been built yet!

Latest build date is week 31 (this week!).

No doubt this will change again..............

Sent my Dealer an email today asking to confirm it's being built this week.

If it was built last week , I might have seen it - I was in the Octavia production facility last Thursday and saw a few Scouts coming off the end of the line , however I was too far away to see whether they were LHD or RHD....

Just got word from my dealer that my Scout leaves Bremerhaven (not Emden) on the 15th August, on board the MVS Tarago. She'll pay a brief visit to old 'Blighty (Southampton) before heading off presumably across the Atlantic, through the Panama Canal, on to Papeete, Tahiti and is scheduled to arrive into Auckland on the 22nd September. Now that will be a voyage worth tracking!

Ha-hah! Delivered to Emden on 4th August, and (yesterday) was waiting for a boat. :-)

I know the "City of Barcelona" left Emden for Tyne yesterday evening; I wonder...

Ha-hah! Delivered to Emden on 4th August, and (yesterday) was waiting for a boat. :-)

I know the "City of Barcelona" left Emden for Tyne yesterday evening; I wonder...

Mine is in Emden too!

Wonders never cease!

Can start getting excited about it now..........