Throttle Valve on 2.0 CR vRS

Anyone else had this go on the car, just had mine replaced this morning dealer said they had done a few and the new part had modified seals etc.

apparently the oil was getting into the electrics on it too and causing other faults to show up

so hopefully all sorted now :thumbup: no more "bing" "Engine fault workshop" every few seconds was doin my head in all weekend

Anyone else had this go on the car, just had mine replaced this morning dealer said they had done a few and the new part had modified seals etc.

apparently the oil was getting into the electrics on it too and causing other faults to show up

so hopefully all sorted now :thumbup: no more "bing" "Engine fault workshop" every few seconds was doin my head in all weekend

Hi Dallan Ive what seems like the same problem,left into dealer this morning

Throttle body replaced on my 2.O CR vRS,hope thats problem solved

Yeah for you and me both :giggle:

Yes just had mine done with exactly the same warning light flashing every couple of seconds. Took seven days to get mine sorted because there wasn't a replacement part available in the country. Apparently they have modified this part now as the VAG Assist guy was explaining. The serial number on my original part ended in an 'A' and the replacement part now ends in a 'EV' meaning a certain number of modifications have taken place on this part since it's inception.

However whilst at the dealers, obviously waiting for the new part, they thought they could solve the problem by test driving it as when i got the car back it had an extra 103miles on the clock and a quarter of a tank of diesel less in it!!!

I think they thought i was stupid or something as the mileage was recorded by the recovery guys :doh:

Yes just had mine done with exactly the same warning light flashing every couple of seconds. Took seven days to get mine sorted because there wasn't a replacement part available in the country. Apparently they have modified this part now as the VAG Assist guy was explaining. The serial number on my original part ended in an 'A' and the replacement part now ends in a 'EV' meaning a certain number of modifications have taken place on this part since it's inception.

However whilst at the dealers, obviously waiting for the new part, they thought they could solve the problem by test driving it as when i got the car back it had an extra 103miles on the clock and a quarter of a tank of diesel less in it!!!

I think they thought i was stupid or something as the mileage was recorded by the recovery guys :doh:

Cheeky feckers, probably couldnt resist taking the LE out

And here is a link to pic of the part that they replaced on mine

My link

Edited by Dallan

• 1 year later...

I know this is a couple of years old but anyone had this problem since? I need a replacement throttle body due to oil getting at the wiriing.

Got a quote of €350 fitted.

That was the issue with mine also oil got into it, i think the newer ones are revised to stop it happening, not sure on cost as the car was still under warranty at the time

where did you get the quote from?