Anyone remapped a 2.0 TDi CR Scout?

I've got a new Scout 2.0 TDi CR on order. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has remapped this engine yet? Or maybe someone has knowledge of the 2.0 TDi CR being remapped in another VAG car, given it's a new'ish engine for the Scout?

I've got a new Scout 2.0 TDi CR on order. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has remapped this engine yet? Or maybe someone has knowledge of the 2.0 TDi CR being remapped in another VAG car, given it's a new'ish engine for the Scout?

I have the same car on order and spoke with Shark performance and said could remap to 180-183BHP which I am concidering but I would also like to hear from anyone who has had this done on a Scout.

I got this reply from my Skoda dealer in response to a question on whether they offered a re-mapping/chipping service for my 2.0 TDi CR:

"The upgrade chip is an MTM chip. Under warranty you can upgrade to stage one. 103kw 320Nm goes up to 125kw 370Nm. -0.5l per 100km improvement on fuel economy. Cost is $1,500 fitted. After your warranty has expired you can upgrade the chip for free to stage two, 150kw 450Nm."

NZ$1500 equates to about £700, which sounds a lot to me. Anyone heard of an MTM Chip?

I got this reply from my Skoda dealer in response to a question on whether they offered a re-mapping/chipping service for my 2.0 TDi CR:

"The upgrade chip is an MTM chip. Under warranty you can upgrade to stage one. 103kw 320Nm goes up to 125kw 370Nm. -0.5l per 100km improvement on fuel economy. Cost is $1,500 fitted. After your warranty has expired you can upgrade the chip for free to stage two, 150kw 450Nm."

NZ$1500 equates to about £700, which sounds a lot to me. Anyone heard of an MTM Chip?

700 squids is a lot but from a dealer & with no warranty issues may be worth it. In the UK Skoda wont allow such things officially through the stealer

Post warranty & if you want to explore the cars potential I would research what various tuning companies have to offer, taking the DPF off & getting a bespoke remap may be the way to go

To help me decide if the expense of a remap for the extra power is worthwhile, my dealer lent me a 103kW 2.0 TDi CR VW Tiguan to drive (the same engine as my Scout in a similar weight 4WD vehicle, so in theory a good comparison). Admittedly the Tiguan was brand new with only 15KMs on the clock, so still very tight, but I was quite disappointed with it. It felt relatively gutless to me, certainly none of the surge of power that I experienced in the PD version of the Scout I test drove before placing an order. The dealer then put me in a 3 year old 125kW 2.0 TDi PD Passat. What a difference between the performance of the 2 cars! The 125kW PD Passat was on a whole new level. I pulled out from the forecourt and put my foot down fairly firmly and the traction control kicked in as the car squirmed under the power being applied. Overtaking was a breeze, as opposed to the 103kW engine which required a fair bit of foresight. So, I'm pretty sold on the extra power, but now worried how much this was due to the PD engine rather than the CR engine that is supplied with my Scout?

• 4 years later...