My last post here - Goodbye to my Skoda

Just recently I have been having a load of problems with the DPF on my 2008 vRS PD, so much so, that I was having to regen every 48 hours.

Skoda told me that this is just because the car doesn't get any long runs to give it a good clear out - OK fair enough, but a car should last more than 35 miles between having to do this.

I was told that the DPF is not covered under the warranty, even though the car is a 2008 with only 27,000 miles on it.

Sooo, after leaving the dealership, I went straight to another dealership and pick my BMW 325i up on Wednesday. I have always had BM's, so going back to what I know doesn't give me any problems.

I think it is laughable that a car must keep going for blasts down the motorway, ragging the nuts off it, in order to keep the DPF clear! 10 out of 10 for the bright spark that came up with that one!

So, in conclusion, great car as long as you don't plan on doing lots of town driving.

Been great chatting to peeps here and thank you to everyone for the help in the past.

Cheers,

Andy

Good luck, that;s why i bought a petrol TSi. Diesel engines for the sake of environment are becoming too complex. Can't be bothered on saving a few quid on diesel and spending more on service, time and nerves.

Gunna say, the problem isnt with Skoda, its with DPF's in general

Agree with the DPF in general comment.

Agree with that, old school friend of mine bought Leon 170bhp diesel (FR i think) new a couple of years back had nothing but trouble with the DPF, of the 5 months he had the car, the dealers had it for 3 of them, in the end they bought it back off him. He tends to do more town driving which does not help.

Well Skoda aren't exactly blameless here seeing as it's their car and they decided this was somehow a good idea ;)

Great car let down by silly faults that needn't happen!

Agree with that, old school friend of mine bought Leon 170bhp diesel (FR i think) new a couple of years back had nothing but trouble with the DPF, of the 5 months he had the car, the dealers had it for 3 of them, in the end they bought it back off him. He tends to do more town driving which does not help.

They bought it back at the price he paid or some lower price?

I understood you can have a DPF exhaust bypass and a remap for £691 anyone knows anyone who has it done, something for me to think about for the future.