Movie Software

sixtysixofonehundred

Guys' date=' need your help. I have four camcorder films to transfer to DVD, I would like to edit these and add music and still photographs, but I cannot for the life of me find a decent editor. Pointers in the right direction please.

And a Merry Christmas to you all (bugger the New Year, Cos I'm working) :thumbup:[/quote']

We had this problem in April on a show I was working on.

In the end we used a Mac.

Not much help sorry.

You can't beat Adobe Premiere, but it ain't cheap unless you get it bundled with a DV-editing card ;) Are the films on camcorder in digital format or is it an older analogue camcorder as this may affect how you get them onto the PC/Mac? :)

Chris

i find windows movie maker is good i have ulead video studio versions 3 and 6 and they are crap

Second that! Best of all it's free. As far as the paid for ones, the cut-down version of Adobe Premiere is very good - Premiere Elements only £69 from Adobe.co.uk

I used windows movie maker over the weekend to make a movie of blowing stuff up (band aid 20 CD) and dubbed the music over the title screen and created credits. All taken from a MiniDV firewire camera.

Editing is a dream, and you can downsample 2x by recording at a set quality and doing the same again.

IIRC you can add piccies too...

• Administrators

What they have said.

Windows movie Maker : will produce somrhing in minutes.

Premier : Still get confused by it today.

So I normall use: Pinacle Systems as it came with the camera, not brilliant but it does the job a little perhaps worse than xp's movie maker...c'est la vie.

So I normall use: Pinacle Systems as it came with the camera' date=' [/quote']

I've heard it's good.

The only thing I'm not sure of is when downloading video onto the pc window's movie maker asks what size/quality you want to import as. What should you select for making a DVD?