car insurance

My insurance premium has increased from £350 to over £600 in a year.I have fully comp,ncp and maximum ncd.The company is RSA through Castle Cover.

I'm a 64 year old music teacher,unfortunately I have three fixed penalty speeding offences within the last five years and was involved in an accident(not my fault and fully settled) the tail end of last year.I still think the increase is excessive;what's the opinion of forummers before I resort to 3rd party F&T.

Tentatively awaiting replies.David. :S

yup defo shop about.. new quote comingout are screwing alot of people due to new insurance groups released

Try the basic multi quote search then phone the cheapest direct :)

Also check for money off / redemtion vouchers online.. everylittle helps

Give co operative insurance a bash. (CIS)

I'm only 600 a year, 1 years no claims. 0 points & I'm only 22. 1.9tdi, Got a quote on a 10 plate Vrs and it was an extra 500 per year.

G

This is almost certainly an example of insurance companies having no concept of customer loyalty - they will increase the premiums of old customers to subsidise first year discounts for new ones, and while there are some honourable exceptions to this with most of the industry these days the simple answer is to shop around every year and expect to change company every year in order to always be that new customer with a discount...

Well,after a lot of shopping around I've opted with Sky as suggested by a couple of you-appreciated-and with the very handy 20% discount I've saved myself approx £200;result. :thumbup:

Don't you just love this forum!

David. :rofl:

Just today got a letter from Skoda Insurance, now with Allianz (???)

Did a quote on their web site and found it was just about double what I paid with LV last autumn. (This is for bog standard 1.8TSi.)

Shop around indeed

(and as for Direct Line - "We're not on any compare sites, y'know" - I'm not surprised they're not - also double the best quotes.)

I found that the annoying opera geezer's site was expensive compared with going direct....there's a hint here. Not looking forward to my renewal due in a couple of weeks ! It was £500 + last year for sdp & business use with 9 yrs ncd so I'll be shopping around too over the bank holiday weekend.