could i fit an audi tt 180bhp k&n 57i induction kit to my mk1 vrs octy

iv come across a dirt cheap bnib k&n 57i induction kit for a audi tt 1.8t 180bhp just wanderin if it would fit an mk1 octavia vrs i know this my not be the best induction kit for the car but for the price iv gotta have it ;)

If it's one of those ones with the crappy rubber tube with the filter sitting in the hot engine bay then I would suggest buying it just for the filter then getting one of the £40 ebay cold air intake kits and using the metal pipe from that with the K&N cone filter so the cone sits under the battery tray behind the bumper in the cold air :thumbup:

If it's one of those ones with the crappy rubber tube with the filter sitting in the hot engine bay then I would suggest buying it just for the filter then getting one of the £40 ebay cold air intake kits and using the metal pipe from that with the K&N cone filter so the cone sits under the battery tray behind the bumper in the cold air :thumbup:

sounds like a plan ;) it is the sound im looking for really and iv also seen the things your talkin about on ebay good thinkin bat man me likey,as i get board easy i might later resort back to the airbox and slap a custom panel filter bk in like other lads have suggested.thanks for the swift replys and the knowledge is very much appreciated :bandit:

just buy a panel filter better than a cai

if you want it for looks and just more noise then buy a cai kit

Not always true Clive.......

My panel filter is **** now compared to running a CAI. Depends on the state of tune in the car and how it is mapped i suppose

defo agree on it the cone filter if just added to at MAF though.

Sitting nicely behind the bumper with a cold feed pipe is where it needs to be.....

Guest westallc

a uprated panel filter will be better if you are modding the box aswell to cope with stage of tune

i would expect on a stage 2 car to run a definned air box with a 3 inch duct to air box this will be better than a cai

if you dont mod the duct then yes its a backwards step on a stage 2 motor

side by side test on seatcupra.net have proved this time and time again :thumbup:

a uprated panel filter will be better if you are modding the box aswell to cope with stage of tune

i would expect on a stage 2 car to run a definned air box with a 3 inch duct to air box this will be better than a cai

if you dont mod the duct then yes its a backwards step on a stage 2 motor

side by side test on seatcupra.net have proved this time and time again :thumbup:

Done just that with my airbox, definned , green panel filter and 3" pipe to front bumper. Still not as good as my CAI.. :thumbup:

maybe mine is the odd ball....

Most of the right ups in Seat are not with a complete CAI kit, but bolt on cone over MAF that i have seen, not seen any conclusive either way.....

go on prove me wrong.... :thumbup:

My 2 pence worth is to save your money and just buy the OEM filter. You can buy like 7 for the price of a k&n or whatever. I'm sure a clean OEM filter is 99.99% as efficient as any after market panel filter. As for induction kits, as said I'm sure it's purely down to if you like your car noisy or not.

If the MAF pipe is only so wide, then it matters not how much surface area the filter has, it's still funneled through exactly the same bottleneck. As for positioning, the normal air feed seems to be as good of a place as any doesn't it? emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Guest westallc

mark yours is a one off lol

the only benifit of a cai is noise and looks cool

other than that you cant beat a the oem air box modded

i would always go with a cai on my car as im a tart and think it looks ace but hey ho lol

mark yours is a one off lol

the only benifit of a cai is noise and looks cool

other than that you cant beat a the oem air box modded

i would always go with a cai on my car as im a tart and think it looks ace but hey ho lol

Well you right about the tart..... :thumbup:

iv come across a dirt cheap bnib k&n 57i induction kit for a audi tt 1.8t 180bhp just wanderin if it would fit an mk1 octavia vrs i know this my not be the best induction kit for the car but for the price iv gotta have it ;)

The 180bhp TT has the same size MAF as your car so this induction kit should fit. :thumbup:

Edited by Bogwoppit