Skoda Fabia 1.9TDI Cambelt Change On Service.

Hi wondered if anyone can help just took my Fabia into local dealership to enquire about the 4th Service and they advised me that it would be one with a brake fluid change bit also i would need the cambelt replacing the car is low mileage ie 18,300 miles and the quote was £600.00 this was from Caffyns in Ashford Kent is this a reasonable charge the main problem is i am planning to buy a new Fabia from them and they insist the work is down as part of my financial agreement the fabia is a 1.9TDI 56 Reg.. Thanks.

4 years sounds about right for a cambelt change, it's not just mileage as the belt is under tension if your driving or not. Is the £600 for the service, brake fluid and cam belt? Call the parts department and ask for a price for the cambelt service kit including tensioner bearings etc.

Andy

Sounds sort of right ball park - my 60,000 service in 2009 (on the 2004vRS) with a brake fluid change was £217. The 2008 cambelt change bill was £552 but that included 2 front suspension bushes too which I think was around £180 leaving about £370 for the cambelt.

cambelt kit is about £120 - £130 (or it is on my 07 1.9tdi roomster which i believe has the same engine) but it is a long job to change it

it is not only the belt, but the tensioner and idler roller as well,

some garages seem to recommend the water pump changed as well as this is easilly accessible with the belt off and less than £40 + coolant

• 3 months later...

Cambelt change on 1.9tdi also should include a new water pump; so £600 is about right

Suggest you all drive down to Clist and Rattle (nr Bristol) They are doing an offer this month (December) £280 total Bill for Cambelt (that includes tensioners etc etc) . All Skoda parts. they are main Skoda dealers I rang and asked them about the Water pump and that adds another £60. to the Bill. So,...............

They are normally good stealers :wonder: when it comes to servicing but this seems a rather good offer !!

• 1 year later...

It sounds pretty expensive, can be had much much cheaper elsewhere

You mention Finacial agreement, so I am not sure if you are tied to that garage with set services and amounts, then either pay it off and keep the car,

or just get a new car and continue the agreement ?

My 40k service, cambelt change, with all the tensioners, "metal" impeller water pump, fluids and filters was £345 from a well know sponsor of this site

So if you are not tied to servicing with your Finacial agreement GO ELSWHERE NOW

National

For anyone else reading this topic please note it's from last year so replying with context specific responses like the two above will be a wasted effort.