Airbag fault

Hi! Just got home from a meeting with other entusiast of the Volvo Amazon, and on the way home driving my superb 03 I got stuck by a foreign camper-truck... For a loooong time, the line of cars behind him got up to 300 meters long, a lot of cars.

After laying behind him approx 45 km (28 miles) with slooow driving and no signs of letting cars go by him, I got to a dual-lane-road where I could drive by him. As I was "a little ****ed of" I gave him a little concert with my horn, and as I got by him and let go of the horn the airbag fault message came up in my display and the airbag lamp lighted up. I wasn't hammering the steering-wheel, as I was more depressed than ****ed off when driving by him, so I wasn't pushing the steering-wheel so hard. I dont know how the airbag-system is built up, so I dont know how the connectors are made and that stuff.... Guess I have to take the car to my workshop-dealer over the weekend if the lamp doesn't remove itself. Does this sound like an expensive repair? :'(

Hi! Just got home from a meeting with other entusiast of the Volvo Amazon, and on the way home driving my superb 03 I got stuck by a foreign camper-truck... For a loooong time, the line of cars behind him got up to 300 meters long, a lot of cars.

After laying behind him approx 45 km (28 miles) with slooow driving and no signs of letting cars go by him, I got to a dual-lane-road where I could drive by him. As I was "a little ****ed of" I gave him a little concert with my horn, and as I got by him and let go of the horn the airbag fault message came up in my display and the airbag lamp lighted up. I wasn't hammering the steering-wheel, as I was more depressed than ****ed off when driving by him, so I wasn't pushing the steering-wheel so hard. I dont know how the airbag-system is built up, so I dont know how the connectors are made and that stuff.... Guess I have to take the car to my workshop-dealer over the weekend if the lamp doesn't remove itself. Does this sound like an expensive repair? emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Can't say for a Skoda, but my Smart had the light come on after some stupid c*w carved me up on a roundabout, turned out mine was a fa.ulty seatbelt which they replaced gratis even though it was out of warranty.Hope it is a quick cheap fix for you

Kathy

Can't say for a Skoda, but my Smart had the light come on after some stupid c*w carved me up on a roundabout, turned out mine was a fa.ulty seatbelt which they replaced gratis even though it was out of warranty.Hope it is a quick cheap fix for you

Kathy

if on finding a fault code,which says a fault on seatbelt

do not take for granted that it is the driver or passenger

belt as it could also be one of the rear outer belts.

had this on mine ,took three visits to dealers to

locate.apparently on some models the front belts

have manual locking belts with rear belts locked

in a accident by way of a small charge which locks

the belt forcing the wearer hard into the seat.

took about 2 months to sort out the airbag light.

john

Edited by alfredjohn

After laying behind him approx 45 km (28 miles) with slooow driving and no signs of letting cars go by him, I got to a dual-lane-road where I could drive by him. As I was "a little ****ed of" I gave him a little concert with my horn, and as I got by him and let go of the horn the airbag fault message came up in my display and the airbag lamp lighted up. I wasn't hammering the steering-wheel, as I was more depressed than ****ed off when driving by him, so I wasn't pushing the steering-wheel so hard. I dont know how the airbag-system is built up, so I dont know how the connectors are made and that stuff.... Guess I have to take the car to my workshop-dealer over the weekend if the lamp doesn't remove itself. Does this sound like an expensive repair? :'(

When I first got my car I got badly cut up at a roundabout, the same as you I hit the horn and the airbag light came up, took it straight down to my Skoda dealer who plugged it onto the computer, turns out when I hit the horn one of the wires fell of the airbag thus the fault, they reconnected the wire and reset the code for me at no cost as they said it something that shouldn't happen but quite often does, they also closed the connector up a bit to make it a tighter fit to try and stop it happening again. I think you probabaly have nothing major to worry about.

Edited by bryanp