Skud power?

biggie

I'm looking to go with some pretty made power with my beloved fabia. but just wondered what others are running and if you have encountered any problems along the way?

many thanks

ethan

As my signature, 179bhp/300lb torque, coming up to a year like it and fingers crossed no problems

but I do drive with it in mind, no blasting it below 2000revs, think sorting out the handling is very important

as well, I haven't and it rolls around like a pram around bends, Lol, must sort it out :D

My PD100 Elegance:

Before: 113bhp

After that: 145bhp

Now: 0bhp

Soon: Back to standard power...

To explain, my ECU is having to be replaced at the moment :( (unlikely to be as a result of the remap though).

Guest BigJase88

At a guess....

1.9 bar so around 220bhp to 230bhp

torque anywhere from 350lb-ft to 400 lb-ft

mods

Turbo Dynamics Stage 2 Turbo

SeatSport FMIC

323mm brembo's

Miltek cat + Exhaust

BMC CDA

SeatSport Brace

KW V1 Coilies

Richard Washbrook remap

Helix clutch and SIngle Mass Flywheel

Problems....

boost hoses popping off due to pressure... all sorted now

gearbox main shaft went?

standard dual mass flywheel started rattling... so uprated to single mass flywheel

IF you want over 200bhp your talking

clutch £880

intercooler £550 - £600

turbo £1000

remap £400-£500

thats nearly 3k and that is the minumum you will need....

after that its

better brakes

better suspension

exhaust

Money wise on mine it was at 5-6k when i bought it and i've thrown another 2.5k at it

Its a dear do.... just buy a BMW 330d

Edited by BigJase88

At a guess....

Will you hurry up and get this on the rollers man. £35 - £40 for a power run is surely a drop in the ocean to know what power you have now! You may be running more power than you think with those mods!!! :smirk:

Guest BigJase88

Will you hurry up and get this on the rollers man. £35 - £40 for a power run is surely a drop in the ocean to know what power you have now! You may be running more power than you think with those mods!!! :smirk:

got the Scottish RR day on the 28th October :thumbup:

Bog standard 2004 vRS

143.3 Bhp, 250 lblt torque

No engine problems.

I'm sure there are threads with lists of people's power and torque.

Edited by Jim H

At a guess....

mods

Turbo Dynamics Stage 2 Turbo

SeatSport FMIC

323mm brembo's

Miltek cat + Exhaust

BMC CDA

SeatSport Brace

KW V1 Coilies

Richard Washbrook remap

Helix clutch and SIngle Mass Flywheel

Problems....

boost hoses popping off due to pressure... all sorted now

gearbox main shaft went?

standard dual mass flywheel started rattling... so uprated to single mass flywheel

IF you want over 200bhp your talking

clutch £880

intercooler £550 - £600

turbo £1000

remap £400-£500

thats nearly 3k and that is the minumum you will need....

after that its

better brakes

better suspension

exhaust

Money wise on mine it was at 5-6k when i bought it and i've thrown another 2.5k at it

Its a dear do.... just buy a BMW 330d

I've just replaced my clutch for a single mass with sash clutch and cg motor sport flywheel. and i can get it well into the 200's for £2800

Guest BigJase88

I've just replaced my clutch for a single mass with sash clutch and cg motor sport flywheel. and i can get it well into the 200's for £2800

yeah but can you go round corners and stop properly?

honestly total for mine must be around 8k - 9k but then again i have got good kit on it :thumbup:

brembo gt kit £1500

original sachs £650

Milltek and Milltek cat £550

KW V1 coilovers £650

bmc cda £300

Turbo Dynamics Stage 2 PD150 £1000

seat sport intercooler £300

Intercooler piping £250

egr delete etc £100

Seatsport strut brace £40

Remap 1st time around £300

Remap 2nd time around £400

Helix clutch and SMF £880

theres £6920 without labour....

then i also have Audi S3 alloys to clear the calipers

dear do! just buy a bmw 330d trust me :thumbup:

Current Power :- 182bhp / 295lb

Engine Mods :- Stage 1 Re-map

Problems :- Clutch starting slipping in 3rd gear onwards, mainly on a motorway booting from 2k RPM. Revs used to jump up and fall down. Could of driven many more miles like this, however had the clutch replaced 500 miles ago.

I`m doing mine on more of a budget. I`d love to spend £££££ on every part, but i have other things to pay for :'(

So,

Eibach Coilovers 6months old, paid £250

312`s £170 near new

Seat sport FMIC and froge pipework £480

plans are a big turbo, this includes a oscari map, fitting, egr delete and a hybrid 150 for £1000

The only pricey bit i cant get cheaper is the clutch, but then again i dont wanna scrimp on it tbh.

Matt

179bhp 334lb/ft. Changed the wishbones and put better brakes on it. Standard clutch, unless you want mega power you don't need a different clutch unless you can't be arsed to change gear properly. Like has been said, I just wouldn't bother spending big money on it, just buy a better car.

179bhp 334lb/ft. Changed the wishbones and put better brakes on it. Standard clutch, unless you want mega power you don't need a different clutch unless you can't be arsed to change gear properly. Like has been said, I just wouldn't bother spending big money on it, just buy a better car.

Its not about changing gear correctly. It seems to affect some cars after a stage 1 remap, There are many cases on the forum that after a remap, the clutch starts to slip, however many people have reported no problems with the standard clutch after a remap.

Mine had done 55k, remapped at 50k and started to slip around 57k.

Edited by foey

Come on fella! Is that without labour or do you do it all yourself? :D What about breaking? Cornering? :S

Just like Banana said you are looking at nearer 6k to have a safe 200+ car.

I am currently running enough power.that is all.

You can never have enough power!!!

182bhp 302ft-lb celtic re-map PD160 intake and pipercross filter, strut brace, eibach springs, 312mm audi TT brakes, wide mouth bumper mod (seems to help with cooling IMO), and getting fit next week front mount intercooler and rear anti roll bar total cost

brakes £200

strut brace £40

remap +intake £400

springs £130

FMIC + pipeing £200 :thumbup:

wide mouth bumper mod (parts needed) £40

anti roll bar £130

total = £1140 + the £3500 i paid for her i was very lucky got her cheap from a mates garage

its coverd approx 10k miles with the remap and a total of 157k miles and its still going strong

Guest BigJase88

I`m doing mine on more of a budget. I`d love to spend £££££ on every part, but i have other things to pay for :'(

So,

Eibach Coilovers 6months old, paid £250

312`s £170 near new

Seat sport FMIC and froge pipework £480

plans are a big turbo, this includes a oscari map, fitting, egr delete and a hybrid 150 for £1000

The only pricey bit i cant get cheaper is the clutch, but then again i dont wanna scrimp on it tbh.

Matt

Same map as me....

Mr Washbrook?