Nearside drl not working

R3NVL

Having just taken delivery of my new superb as many of you know by now ;)

It appears that the nearside daytime running light is not working. There are no errors in the car.

Should there be? Or is it an opting in the system I need to find?

Cheers

Having just taken delivery of my new superb as many of you know by now ;)

It appears that the nearside daytime running light is not working. There are no errors in the car.

Should there be? Or is it an opting in the system I need to find?

Cheers

Sorry about my english, but nearside means??.

Anyway does either bulb work, there is option on maxidot ( if you have it) that turns you drl on or off. look under lighting and confort

If it was a bulb blown it should show indication.

Nearside means the side nearest the kerb so if you are sat in it the left side or the right side if viewed from the front ,this terminology just stops any confusion as to which side you mean ,ok alberg, :thumbup:

There is no indication that any bulbs have gone. Have to see if fog light works... But the drivers side drl is on and functioning. Would have thought this would have been picked up on the PDI

[As far as I know there is no option to only switch on one DRL.

As already stated you can turn them on or off, but that applies to both lamps together.

Are you sure it is the DRL you are looking at and not the fog light with cornering function. Are all of you other lights off, IE, Head, Tail and Side.

If all other lights are off and nothing except auto is showing on the light switch then there must be a fault with the DRL.

I assume if it was a blown bulb then you should get an indication on the dash, again as previously stated.

To double check it is not the cornering fog, ensure that the steering wheel is straight and both lights should go out, or turn it to opposite lock and the other side should illuminate.

If it is only one DRL working then it will be an issue for your dealer to sort for you.

[As far as I know there is no option to only switch on one DRL.

As already stated you can turn them on or off, but that applies to both lamps together.

Are you sure it is the DRL you are looking at and not the fog light with cornering function. Are all of you other lights off, IE, Head, Tail and Side.

If all other lights are off and nothing except auto is showing on the light switch then there must be a fault with the DRL.

I assume if it was a blown bulb then you should get an indication on the dash, again as previously stated.

To double check it is not the cornering fog, ensure that the steering wheel is straight and both lights should go out, or turn it to opposite lock and the other side should illuminate.

If it is only one DRL working then it will be an issue for your dealer to sort for you.

Thanks for the comprehensive reply. I'm going to give that a go as soon as I go out. I'll let you k ow how I get on.

Cheers