Fiat 500 Lounge

EddyH

I recently bought a new Fiat 500 Lounge for commuting and it's a great car, lovely spec and fantastic retro looks especially the interior which I think is what sold it for me. As I've just had it detailed by a local guy; Autoshine I thought I should post some pics up. I haven't had the BMW done yet and will be waiting until next month when he opens up a new bay in a neighbouring village as it needs more work than the 500.

019-14.jpg

018-13.jpg

017-13.jpg

016-14.jpg

015-10.jpg

014-11.jpg

013-13.jpg

012-12.jpg

011-12.jpg

010-15.jpg

009-15.jpg

Edited by EddyH

Very nice outcome Eddy. I'm not the biggest fan of the 500, think it looks a bit too 'cute'. The Abarth looks a bit meaner though :)

Which engine did you go for?

Was just going to say about the dash - that would be excellent, give an excuse to use sealant and wax on the inside of the car :D

Cheers,

Steve

Very nice outcome Eddy. I'm not the biggest fan of the 500, think it looks a bit too 'cute'. The Abarth looks a bit meaner though :)

Which engine did you go for?

Was just going to say about the dash - that would be excellent, give an excuse to use sealant and wax on the inside of the car :D

Cheers,

Steve

I went for the 1.2 as for it's intended use it doesn't need to be quick, just economical. It has stop/start on it too which is ideal for my commute.

Super. Yeah, thought it would be one of the smaller engines, as a commuter car. Just wasn't sure whether you'd plumped for the derv or not. Just that the 1.3 unit doesn't seem to get a good review really. Think in a car the size of a 500, a zippy petrol is probably the way to go. More in the spirit of the car IMO :yes:

Cheers,

Steve

IMHO the 500 is one of the few good examples of successful retro design (far better than the mini). Love the painted dashboard. The steering wheel is too padded for my taste to qualify as retro design, though. The 500C is smashing, too.

Yeah, I've only read bad reviews of diesel. I could be tempted to change it when the 900cc 2 cylinder turbo petrol comes out though.

Now that would be interesting! B)

Cheeky remap and a fizzing 2-cyl - excellent :clap:

Now that would be interesting! B)

Cheeky remap and a fizzing 2-cyl - excellent :clap:

Supposedly it will be 100bhp and in the zero tax bracket for emissions. My 1.2 current is 69bhp and in the £30 tax bracket. However the 0.9T will most likely be more expensive to buy than the 1.4.

Supposedly it will be 100bhp and in the zero tax bracket for emissions. My 1.2 current is 69bhp and in the £30 tax bracket. However the 0.9T will most likely be more expensive to buy than the 1.4.

it also does 70+mpg ;) prices are rumoured to be about £1000 more than the 1.2 :thumbdown: