Yeti

alan.edon@homec

I ordered my new Yeti on 1st July, i asked for a few options. 3 weeks BEFORE the car was due to be made, i called the dealer to ask for the Annapurna Wheels.

I was told it was too late to order the wheels due to the 'shut off date'...i find this very hard to accept as the wheels are already made., but no i could not have thease.......but

I could order then from the dealer at a cost of £60 more + fitting ie £200!...i just find this type off selling as a no no.

I also asked about the false wood trim for the dashboard ( i knew it was not avl as an option, or on uk cars ) The dealers did not know thta the uk cars were different to Euro cars so could not help.

I contacted Skoda uk customer services and asked if i could have the part no of the said item....i had an E-mail 'ITS NOT AVL IN UK!.

I mentioned that the cars in Southern Ireland did have them and could i have the part no and i would go over and get the thing.

E-Mail no 2.... The cars in uk are not avl with the said trim you need to contact Ireland for the parts nos!!.....i have to ask do not the car and parts come into Grimsby?, the guy from Skoda customer services also pointed out that they have no part nos also... i told him every part of a car as a no.

NOW the dealer in the uk says he may be able to get the dashboard...so heres hoping!

Alan,

All manufacturers have a cut-off point, after which you can't change specifications. So it isn't just Skoda being awkward. Don't forget that most car factories carry no or very few spare bits nowadays. They are all on "in time" supply, so, for example, when LR produce a Discovery many of the bits for a particular vehicle may only arrive 1 hour before it is produced, and that includes wheels and tyres.

And as for your wooden trim bits, SUK says we don't get them here, therefore why would they have a part number for it. All Irish Skoda bits are imported directly to Eire, not through SUK. I'm sure if you contact a dealer in Eire they would be willing to sell them to you.

The next question to follow that is, how do you know when the 4 weeks before manufacture deadline passes, when most people posting on here say that they don't find out when the confirmed build week is until shortly before their car is made?

Ian

I have been told I have until 4 weeks before manufacture date. after that that's it.

Mike

I phoned SUK today to ask about this. As you'd expect they have no clue. Can you believe that?! She said something about you can change your order in the first four weeks AFTER order but said this very much in the vain of we really don't know (or care). Ask your retailer was the answer. And I have not yet had the time to phone them alas.

I certainly can believe that.

I emailed SUK about the electric memory seat last week before the new configuator came out and received a reply today saying they can't do it (won't?) and to remain in contact with dealer.

I promptly emailed back saying in summary, please be consistent. Not yet received a reply, and James hasn't got a satisfactory answer yet.

Mike

Alan,

All manufacturers have a cut-off point, after which you can't change specifications. So it isn't just Skoda being awkward. Don't forget that most car factories carry no or very few spare bits nowadays. They are all on "in time" supply, so, for example, when LR produce a Discovery many of the bits for a particular vehicle may only arrive 1 hour before it is produced, and that includes wheels and tyres.

And as for your wooden trim bits, SUK says we don't get them here, therefore why would they have a part number for it. All Irish Skoda bits are imported directly to Eire, not through SUK. I'm sure if you contact a dealer in Eire they would be willing to sell them to you.

Thanks for the reply you gave.... i have been told and shown that the Skoda models arrive in Grimsby and are checked over then sent to Dublin.

Also if a car is made all parts have a part no even if not avl in Uk...( I ordered several options on a Fabia that i had that were not avl in UK )

I recieve my Yeti and it will have the wooden trim (supplied by Hobins Manchester ) so patience does pay.

Also i dont trust Skoda UK customer service....well why would i when they answer the 'phone hello Volkswagen customer services, i can i help !!!!

but as i said thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply you gave.... i have been told and shown that the Skoda models arrive in Grimsby and are checked over then sent to Dublin.

All VW/Audi/Skoda vehicles arrive from Emden at Rosslare Europort in County Wexford where they are then taken to NVD's compound in Kilrane before distribution to dealers. They do not traverse the UK from Grimsby nor do they enter via Dublin Port. (Unless this changed in the past 3 months which I doubt).

We only have to versions available here the 1.2tsi and 2.0CR Tdi 2WD with the latter accounting for about 90% of sales.

There are plans to have 4x4's on sale but my understanding is that this has been postponed until mid 2011 earliest

All VW/Audi/Skoda vehicles arrive from Emden at Rosslare Europort in County Wexford where they are then taken to NVD's compound in Kilrane before distribution to dealers. They do not traverse the UK from Grimsby nor do they enter via Dublin Port. (Unless this changed in the past 3 months which I doubt).

We only have to versions available here the 1.2tsi and 2.0CR Tdi 2WD with the latter accounting for about 90% of sales.

There are plans to have 4x4's on sale but my understanding is that this has been postponed until mid 2011 earliest

I go to Angelsey often and have seen transporters with Skodas/ Vws on the back joining the ferry at Hollyhead on route to Dublin so if the policy has changed... (thats how i saw a Yeti in the metal)

also check out skoda.ie site, thats were i was asked to visit by Skoda customer services to order wood trim ( for Ireland dealers )

As i said i get the car on Monday 20th Sept with wood dash etc

but thanks for the info. best wishes Al