Sick As A Parrot

PhilP1903

Ah well have reconciled myself to the philosophy of "**** Happens" now, no one is seriously injured (i have whiplash been to hospital today) and life goes on etc. I have been supplied with a hire car by her insurance, unfortunately its 1.6 petrol Mazda 3 Takara, what a tinny piece of junk , but it will suffice whilst the decisions are made about the VRS. Work have been spot on so just gotta wait and see.

My heart says I want a new car, but that means ordering another one with a 3 to 4 month wait and the problems associated with arranging transport for that period and getting her insurance to pay for this transport plus its on finance, potential problems there i dont even want to think about. My head says repair it (properly) get it back ASAP and forget about it and get on with life, but would this accident invalidate my 3 year Skoda warranty ?

Skoda warranty should be fine on anything that hasn't actually been repaired. Repairs should be guaranteed by the repairer. There might be some attempted passing the buck if its something in the area that's been repaired but you should be OK.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure it's skoda approved repairer so you keep your warranty and corrosion warranties.

Have talked to Skoda UK this morning, an insurance company approved repairer using original Skoda parts does not invalidate any of Skoda'a warranties.

guttd! At least you are philosophical about it.

Over on pistonheads there is a guy who runs and accident management firm - reputedly quite good. The guys username is anniesdad - just hand it over to him and let them get on with it. You should at least be given an equivalent car as a courtsey car

Just caught up with this thread. Really gutted for you. I'd be furious if someone did that to my 54plate Octavia, let alone something 4 days old. :'( :'( :'(

Personal view? No way would I accept a repair. You went out and bought that VRS Octy, implying that's what you really wanted. You didn't want a smashed up one! Absolutely insist that the vehicle is replaced.

There is no way on this earth that you will every feel comfortable with that car if was returned to you repaired. A decent repair may look good once it's done, but who knows what problems lay ahead in paint differences, body panels not exactly right, water leaks, tyre wear etc, reduced value or even refusal when trading it in in a couple of years time. I could go on.

Nah, a replacement is the only viable option here.

Very best of luck sorting it out, hope it's not too much of a waiting game.

Mike

You cannot "insist" that the car is replaced with a brand new one, it all depends on the extent of the damage to the vehicle , otherwise people would be "insisting" on new cars all the time.

I think this thread has run its course now, Thank You to all of your sympathy and comments, at the end of the day the accident has happened , i am alive and well and i will get my car back in (hopefully) new condition.

Mods can you please close this thread i feel it has run its course.

• 4 weeks later...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! Freddie 2 is back, I have finally collected my Black Magic Pearl 2010 TDi VRs from the accident repair centre and it is absolutely perfect. Have inspected it fully and had it double checked by dealer and it is absolutely perfect. I am one happy bunny. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers Davy, I am absolutely amazed at what a brilliant job they have done, there is absolutely no indication at all that the car was even scratched, what a brilliant job.