Sick As A Parrot

PhilP1903

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up on Friday, polished on Sunday, rear-ended on Tuesday. I am one very very sad person. :'( :'( :'( :'( :thumbdown:

th_Photo012.jpg

Gutted for you.

What happened (apart from the obvious you stopped, they didn't)?

Gutted for you.

What happened (apart from the obvious you stopped, they didn't)?

Would imagine your hooping for a write off , and then insurance pay for a new one , Thats how i would feel

Pulled up behind queue of traffic behind car turning right on A171 in North Yorkshire, woman in Nissan Nivara 4 wheel drive double cab job hit the brakes then hit me!!!!! I was so stunned i got out looked at the damage and just said "its only 4 days old" :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :thumbdown:

Edited by BillyT1903

My heart hopes it's a write off because after that much damage i could never regard it as a new car ever again. But my head says mend it otherwise its a 3/4 month wait for another one plus hassle for 3/4 months of fighting for alternate transport to be provided by offenders insurance etc etc etc. :'( :'( :'( :thumbdown:

Meh. It's only a car. Having been involved (& badly injured) in a couple of big accidents, I think any accident you walk away from is one to be thankful for.

Not implying/attempting to trivialise the incident in any way, it's bloody annoying but it could have been much worse.

Meh. It's only a car. Having been involved (& badly injured) in a couple of big accidents, I think any accident you walk away from is one to be thankful for.

Not implying/attempting to trivialise the incident in any way, it's bloody annoying but it could have been much worse.

Yes i know what you mean and i know you are not trivialising it, it could have been a lot worse, still gutted about the car tho. :'(

Pulled up behind queue of traffic behind car turning left on A171 in North Yorkshire, woman in Nissan Nivara 4 wheel drive double cab job hit the brakes then hit me!!!!! I was so stunned i got out looked at the damage and just said "its only 4 days old" emoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif:thumbdown:

And thats all you said!!! So sorry for you mate.

And thats all you said!!! So sorry for you mate.

I was just so stunned, couldn't think of anything else to say, and anything else i could have said would not have changed things or helped the situation.

I feel for you mate......I would push the insurance company for a new one-that nearside rear door looks well and truly out of line. DON'T let the insurance company take it to one of their two bit 'approved' repairers-insist on a Skoda garage(they will assess the car using proper new Skoda parts, also, insist on a similar or better courtesy car-maybe something like a new Octavia or Superb)All this should push the price up to the point where the car becomes uneconomical to repair and will hopefully pay for a new one. The quicker they settle-the quicker you can order a new one-Good luck with it - glad to hear you weren't hurt though.

I agree with others on here, I'm Gutted for you. :'( It was only yesterday that I was admiring pics of it on your thread.

I hope you are OK, (just a bit shook up) and not injured in any way. Is your neck hurting?

When you bought it, did you buy GAP insurance. If you did it will help you if it is written off. I'm sure you are hoping it is writtain off as a repaired car just does not feel the same as a brand new one.

Edited by Jim H

Picked up on Friday, polished on Sunday, rear-ended on Tuesday. I am one very very sad bunny. :'( :'( :'( :'( :thumbdown:

th_Photo012.jpg

th_Photo010.jpg

th_Photo009.jpg

th_Photo008.jpg

th_Photo007-1.jpg

th_Photo006.jpg

What do you ,think, do you reckon its a write off ?

That sucks so much but it won't be written off unless I'm much mistaken (and I'm very sorry to say that)

Edited by juan27