DPF problems again!

Well about 1300 miles ago i had to have my car regenerated by the main dealer which ment it had to get recovered by the RAC, i had to pay 45quid to get it regenerated and was told all would be fine, well for the past 4 days my DPF light has been on now it came back on while on the motorway, I then rang the dealer who said get skoda assist out and he will clear it when they came out they didnt clear it., i then rang the dealer back who said take it down the motorway for a long run which i did then it went off.

I also explained to the dealer that i cant keep having my car regenerated after 1000miles or so to which i got a reply of " I know" but he wudnt book it in to have a look because there is no fault with the car.

i am getting very p***ed off with this car the DPF light has been on about 6 times in my year off ownership and been into limp mode twice.

I am currantly looking into new cars and its a shame because i love this car but the DPF problems are driving me mad.

sorry for the rant

How old is the car and how many miles had it done before you needed the forced regen?

The steady cruise down the motorway will have allowed the car to regen the DPF itself and clear the light.

You just need to do this once or month to prevent the problem from reoccurring.

Our DPF Octavia only ever see's a 30mph 5 mile crawl most days. However most months we always end up heading out on a longer journey which for us appears to have kept the DPF problems at bay.

the car is on a 07 plate, its on 22.5k the car went into limp mode on 21k the car does motorway journeys every other day for about 15-20miles there and back then does town driving on the weekend, but the car has to go down a 70mph bypass on the way back home.

The light does not usually indicate there is a fault.

It indicates that it has not been able to perform an automatic regen because the driving conditions have not been right and you should take action. The action is to drive for about 10 minutes at a steady 40+. The light will then go off.

If you ignore the light at some point the car will go into limp mode and a manual regen may be required. This is all explained in the manual.

Having said all that, if you feel you are meeting the requirements and the light is still coming on, you should have the pressure and temperature sensors checked as these affect regeneration