Drivers door

MAPGO

When first opening drivers door I have to pull the handle twice opens as normal (just the one pull) after that but back to two once you lock and unlock!

Anyone else come across the anomaly ?

Sorry didn't make it clear this occurs externally - press the fob to unlock but still have to pull driver's door handle twice to open door, does not occur on other doors!

Edited by MAPGO

Taking the key out of the ignition after the door has locked on the anti-hijack should unlock it automatically.

At least for the MK1, auto-lock and auto-unlock are seperate features that can be enabled (or coded, in the case of auto-lock) independantly so it's quite possible to have one and not the other.

I first unlock my car from the outside and have never had to use the handle twice.

If you mean from the inside then yes, remove the key as the doors may be anti hijack auto locked. I always remove the key before getting out of the car so no problems for me- but a problem for passengers who tend to panic. Let me out let me out etc.......