What do you think of this?

paulyb

Slighty over my £4000 budget but could barter down , what do you think about this one good price for age mileage and condition? Bumper trims are letting it down? Paintwork and interior look nice B)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201036367818278/sort/locasc/usedcars/body-type/estate/transmission/manual/price-from/2000/price-to/5000/fuel-type/petrol/model/octavia/make/skoda/page/1/postcode/pa169al/radius/1500?logcode=p

Looks a nice tidy car,id check it has a full service history(no mention of it on advert) & for that money it wants 12 months mot & 6 months tax on it to! id also check its had its cambelt replaced,its not on 60k yet but should of had one in 2008.(4 years old).

Slighty over my £4000 budget but could barter down , what do you think about this one good price for age mileage and condition? Bumper trims are letting it down? Paintwork and interior look nice B)

http://www.autotrade.../1500?logcode=p

Bumper trims are easy to sort out , just take a heat gun to them and they will come up like new or get them colour coded:thumbup:

Edited by VRSerious

I would be interested to know if anyone has done this and does it really work as mine look a bit pants!! lol

Not done this myself but did look into this a lot before I ended up getting mine painted.

It works by making the colour pigment migrate to the surface, it can only be done so many times but most found that it lasted up to a year.

I would be interested to know if anyone has done this and does it really work as mine look a bit pants!! lol

Yep works a treat :) Done mine twice now. Ive had the car about 3/4 years now. Comes up like new and lasts 12/18 months :)

Keep meaning to get them colour coded but just never got round to it.

Hope that helps

I'm assuming you take them off to do them with a heat gun? If so, then people doing this for the first time should be wary to take them off squarely as the plastic round the corner pieces "tears" very easily and shows white stress marks which looks awful. I know this having accidentally done it myself emoticon-0106-crying.gif