Origin B2 GPS antenna

Hicksy

Calling anyone with an Origin B2 in their Fabia...

I've been having super amounts of trouble with my B2 recently, it's not locking on to any sattelites (v dodge spelling :o ) my journey to work is over an hour and sometimes it only locks on for a few minutes in total. It used to be fine, but now it all seems to be going a bit pear :mad: was wondering whether the fact that I've got my GPS antenna thing on the rear parcel shelf might have something to do with it? is it worth taking it out and placing it on the front dash?

anyone else had any similar problems or can shed some light?

much appreciated guys and girls :thumbup:

Hicksy

Hmmm, well I'm going to change my antenna to the front dash today, so will see if any change comes from that. Not happy though, keep on having to remember there's a camera coming up.

Points don't alawys mean prizes :(

Hicksy :D

Silly question coming up...

which side is the left side of the windscreen? The left sitting in the car or looking at the car? Hmmm :confused:

I've now relocated mine to behind the B2 unit underneath the parking ticket clip, is this going to be ok or should I put it on the other side (the left if you're sitting in the car!) ?

Dont know about the origin, but I have my tomtom bluetooth gps reciever in the bottom left behind the taxdisc holder and it picks up 9 satalites consistantly. The reciever itself needs a good line of sight, not necessarily clear. For example when walking around granada in spain, the tomtom reciever still picked up a signal when located inside a camera bag with no view of the outside world at all.

I had one in my Impreza and it kept on losing satellite lock all of the time. Turned out the magnets weren't strong enough to keep the unit in the cradle (and hence keep the connector connected) so bumps and going round corners fast used to cause it to lose satellite lock.

I was told that if you contact Origin they'll send out some different magnets which fix the problem, though i never bothered with mine as i sold the car and the B2. Could be worth a call to them. :)

Silly question coming up...

which side is the left side of the windscreen? The left sitting in the car or looking at the car? Hmmm :confused:

I've now relocated mine to behind the B2 unit underneath the parking ticket clip' date=' is this going to be ok or should I put it on the other side (the left if you're sitting in the car!) ?

Hicksy :D[/quote']

Sorry I ment bottom left whilst sitting in it

Blimey, thanks for the response guys! Have been out in it today and the new position under the parking ticket clip thing seems to have improved it slightly although still losing contact with space every now and again.

If things keep going pear or don't improve then I think a call to the Origin people may well be in order, although trying to move out of home at the mo so got loads of other (not necessarily more important) things to do!!

Maffwilson you appear to have infinite knowledge with all things to do with GPS and signals, and for that I salute you!