Which Superb is best?

Chris

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of coming back to the Skoda brand. Having owned a 1.8T Superb, I haven't found anything that quite matches it!

In terms of modifying, which is the best engine to go for? In terms of all out power without it going bang! I'm thinking of this as a long term project so any help would be much appreciated!!

Yes .......... it's called an RS6 :giggle:.

In the Superb guise you are stuck with:

1.8T

1.9PD 130

V6 TDi

I have purposely left out the 105 as there is a more powerful version (130) andleft out the 2.0 PD140 as it's a dog in the Superb (oil piump).

None of the above are slow, but non are what I would call 'performance' either.

I had the 1.8T and it was ok, with the 150bhp. I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard to get it to 225bhp+ as essentially it is the same engine as the Audi TT unless I'm really wrong?

The 2.5 V6 TDI looks tempting, but what options do i have to increase the performance? Or the 2.8 petrol?

Im sure someone on here sold a 2.5 tdi mapped to 210Bhp once. If you go 2.5 TDi, go for a post 2003 model, the changed the engine a bit and has slightly has few more bhp and lot more torque.