Fabia vRS Questions/Advice/?

swwxb12

Just wondering if anyone can help...

I'm buying my Mother's '07 mk I Fabia vRS [she's getting a mk II Fabia vRS - jealous] to replace my Corsa VXR... I've got a little 'un on the way and need something cheaper to run - she fits the bill perfectly, especially after an 800 mile round trip to Exmoor!!

Anyway...

Has anyone experienced the rear door seals leaking? The garage have promised to sort it out under warranty [even though the car is 6 months out of warranty, it was flagged before the 3 years was up], but I don't hold much hope.

The boot will not unlock using the button on the fob... Have checked fuses but I have heard that the list of fuses in the manual is in the wrong order anyway??

What's the best stuff to clean the white part of the seats?

And how easy [and what are the implications] of remapping or chipping it to 160bhp? A poor effort I know, but my Missus will be driving this and she ain't used to power! Just want a little extra without sending my insurance up too much, and I don't have the money to spend on upgrading the brakes, clutch, suspension, etc.

Much appreciated if anyone can answer these!

Hi and welcome!

I've had the same problem with the back doors leaking. My back right one has been repaired twice by two different dealers and still leaks a bit. (2nd time it was out of warranty by 4 months and I was charged £150 :(. There is a DIY guide somewhere on the net (here you go http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/door-carrier-repair/)

Not to sure about the boot. But have a look a few pages back in this forum. I think someone had a similar problem.

As for seats... look at this link...

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/172174-fabia-seat-cleaning/

Might help you a bit.

As for the remapping... Most stage 1 remaps seem to start around 180bhp. Give the guys at Shark a call. I'm sure the guys on here can shed more light on this.

J

Edited by Jimi182

The boot will not unlock using the button on the fob... Have checked fuses but I have heard that the list of fuses in the manual is in the wrong order anyway??

I seem to recall it's fine - but I think it was backwards - i.e. mirror imaged for a LHD car.

There's also one at this site - FUSE PANEL LAYOUT

Edited by DRJ

For seat cleaning, if you don't want to remove the lining, then I use Auto Glym Interior Shampoo and find it works very well. Do it on a warm day and keep doors/windows open to help drying. The bottom of the rear seats can be easily removed if you wish.

If you want to keep then clean then seat covers help, (do a search on here for them).

Any interior shampoo will clean your seat covering, it depends on how much time you spend on them whether they come out good. When you do fix your boot opening button make sure you don't leave the key on the boot floor and close the hatch as all the doors will be locked, often happens with new owners.

Mapping the engine will give you about 30bhp & 40ft. lbs. extra. Wifey won't have a problem with the extra power you have to really work a diesel engine to get the most out of it and I don't recall my missus revving the nuts of it, she'll be ok. More of a problem is changing gear too early and knackering the flywheel. So up 10mph use 1st. 20mph use 2nd and so on. don't drive round in 5th or 6th at 30mph, the VRS doesn't like it.

The doors seals leak, yes most do and are cured under warranty so you have a decent dealer as the car is out of warranty.

Yes they are good on m.ways for cruising they feel as relaxed as a much larger car, watch the speedo, it's all too easy to go way over the speed limit.

Leaky doors are a really common thing. If our wonderfull dealer are willing to fix them then bite their hands off!! :thumbup:

Cant help with the boot!! Sorry :thumbdown:

If you want clean seats, drop it off at my house and i'l fix them for you! :thumbup:

Let me know if you want to try a mapped one, you can have a go in mine!

We can provide you with a remap if you fancy a trip to us in Mansfield, Notts, or you could always purchase the STS unit to save travelling to us and remap the car from home. As for the remap in conjunction with the rest of the car, the map will be smooth and safe to run within the standard parametres of the car so the clutch should be fine if it is treated well. Standard clutches are good for just over 300lb i believe and our maps are safely within that limit. As long as the car is warmed up before a spirited drive and cooled down appropriatly after, as well as not giving it too much below around 2,000rpm then the standard equipment should be fine for the purposes you require. Give us a ring if you need any information, or if you fancy going out in my Fabia with the Shark map to see what you think :)

Cheers, Elliott