Piper exhaust

banzaiman

Hi mate

Its sounds good mate, i am in the market for a new system for my vRS i am just wondering where you got yours from and how much it was?

Also how loud is it inside the car when cruiseing on the motorway? i am after something louder than standard but not to boy racerey.

Paul

Hi mate

Its sounds good mate, i am in the market for a new system for my vRS i am just wondering where you got yours from and how much it was?

Also how loud is it inside the car when cruiseing on the motorway? i am after something louder than standard but not to boy racerey.

Paul

I have the same system. Love it. Nice and subtle when just cruising yet sporty when your "in the mood" :) A real nice balance. I did have the Milltek Resonated on the car before this one but it was just too quiet, no different to standard really :( Thats no fun.

I see they are on offer over at Motorsport World at the moment:

System (assume twin tail but others avaliable = £296.10 (SYSTEM)

Downpipe and sports cat = £370.13 (DOWNPIPE)

Hope that helps :)

Edited by GarryC

Hi mate

Paul

I went for the Piper 2.5''downpipe with sportscat (you will need the backbox as well), but fact of the matter is that it is not resonated. Although it sounded lovely, I found too much noise was making it's way into the cabin + a certain revs I thought there was too much drone (created a thread about that).

Point is, if you have a specific noise (volume) in mind, you will never really know until it is fitted. Or you need to get in contact with peeps and ask them if you can listen to their pipe... which can come over a little geeky if not rude...

In the end, I got a "straight-through-middle-section-box" added. And it sounds just the way I want it. (ie nice burble at idle, OE when driving miss Daisy and raspy when WOT.

Total cost was 760 (inc parts, labour and VAT)

personally, I got bored with seeing Miltek everywhere, but have to admit their stuff is top notch and anybody who fits exhausts, swears by them.

Good Luck

Edit: post above is pretty much what I was referring to. Prices seem to match as well

Edited by G-slave

• 6 months later...

I love that pop when you lift off the throttle. Would I get that with a Milltek non-res and decat?

I get it on the odd occasion rob (depends how I'm driving :giggle: ) I'm running the same system as you :thumbup:

I still have the standard system - but I fancy a Milltek. Would have bought one this month if it wasn't for the Brembos :D

That'll teach me to skim read :rofl:

Milltek is not as loud as the piper, but still sounds well :thumbup: