Cup Holder

cjh8280

My Elegance has one of those trays. I would guess the cupholder was an option extra? Try down the local scrap yard, otherwise maybe a dealer.

I use my tray to hold a pen, tyre pressure gauge and a few other bits and bobs.

I got mine from the dealer as I found the cup holder to be useless really. I paid about £15 for it but not sure how much it is now. I do have a spare one that is slightly different to the one pictured.

Dont use it!!!

I lost my coffee cornering at 25ish !!!i heard it tumble in the back !! Doh

Luckily my coffee was in a travel cup, didn't spill all over the place. i immediatley pulled in and rescued it then gave the footwell mat a good bang on the road.

Now, I hook my coffee on the drivers side door panel.

Push it forward incase you have to break sharpley. less distance to travel.

Rory

• 8 months later...

Must admit its the most pointless appointment in the entire car, however it annoys me being open. Has anyone been able to figure out how to open it up, take it out, fix and put back in place. Step by step instructions would be much, much appreciated.

Cheers

I need to do this too.

To remove it, there are two screws underneath the rear ashtray to remove, then the whole centre console trim pulls up from the front and the cup holder's screwed in from underneath.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Finally got round to taking it apart today and took some pics for you guys.

First, you need to remove the rear ashtray like so:

1.jpg

And pull the plastic part with the lid off like this:

2.jpg

It's held on by these bad boys, so you do have to pull really hard:

3.jpg

This will give you access to the screws underneath, which you can remove with a T20 torx bit:

4.jpg

If you have an armrest fitted, you need to pull the lower plastic trim from it's base and remove the 13mm bolt holding it on:

6.jpg

Whcih will leave the 'foot' still in place:

7.jpg

Now, you need to remove the centre console trim. To do this, get your fingers under the front part and pull. It's clipped on with 2 clips:

8.jpg

You can then manouver it round the handbrake lever and remove it from the car. Don't forget to unplug the ciggy lighter socket first:

9.jpg

The actual cup holder is held on with 2 T15 screws on one side and a clip on the other:

10.jpg

I took it apart to find out what was wrong with it, and I found there was a plastic lug which clips into a locking mech inside it. It didn't take any pics, but I'll order a new one anyway and let you all know how much it was.

• 2 years later...

A bit of a thread revival here, but here goes...

Anyone got a part number or picture of the alternative "tray" to the RS cup holder (in black/onyx)?

My cup holder next to the handbrake popped up by itself yesterday and wouldn't stay down. Stripped it all down and I've decided to replace it with the basic plain tray instead, as I hate that cup holder anyway. But I can't find any part numbers or images to help with procurement!

Cheers guys  :thumbup:

There's a spring inside the actual cup holder that can be removed - the cup holder will then stay down or up as required (push to open/close)

Works better to be honest, as the cup can be push down into the holder to hold it tighter

Should be able to give a part number later on today - as I've got to fish out some M&M's from down round the handbrake ...

(I swapped the cup holder over to my vrs)

• Like 1

Nice one buddy.

Yeah I found 50p under my centre console when I removed it yesterday. Plus 11.5yrs of dead skin. Yummy. Enjoy those M&M's...

After trawling through VAGCAT I think I've found what I'm looking for: 1U0863077 47H (storage box for centre console - onyx)

Hopefully it's only a few quid from the dealer. If you could confirm that it's correct when you get yours out that would be perfect.

I'm excited by the prospect that I'll have somewhere to put my phone while it's charging finally!

Ouch, that was expensive!

£20.80 + vat for the "storage box" including rubber mat in the onyx colour (which is black basically and matches the RS interior).

Other colour options are beige and grey.

The wife spilt a cup of coffee in the car last night. Nice big brown puddle under the floor mat. I managed to remain calm! Luckily got home and got some upholstery cleaner on it before it dried, so it's as good as new again now. I might implement some form of gyroscopic cup holder mounted on the roof in future.... damn people with drinks!

Sorry Si, I want less cups not more! The Polo holders do sound nice though so GLWS.

A new cup/coin holder from Skoda costs around £80. Mine went tits up as well and I've got a second-hand one off eBay for £20. Should be here tomorrow. There is also another one for sale on the bay (by a breaker's yard) for £26 post free (5 watchers).

Edited by comfortablynumb

A new cup/coin holder from Skoda costs around £80. Mine went tits up as well and I've got a second-hand one off eBay for £20. Should be here tomorrow. There is also another one for sale on the bay (by a breaker's yard) for £26 post free (5 watchers).

Holy crapola £80! Jokers. Makes my £25 tub look like a bargain.

I'll take some pics of it once fitted tomorrow.