Superb Estate Colours

Everyone loves an excuse to post pictures of their pride and joys so here goes

I'm toying between the Amethyst Purple, Mocca and Cappucino but struggling to find car in local showrooms to look at so I guess pictures of 'real' cars are the next best thing

Thanks in advance :)

FOUND THIS

Edited by Captainfunbags

Lovin it! I got it early Sept & I'm still getting used to it. Recently been driving (mainly) Pasat hire cars for about 18months!

The seats (alcantara/leather edges) are firmer than I was used to but If you get them in the right position they are fine. Not quite as comfy as the Passat r-life ive been driving previous.

The engine is delightful, oodles of torque (its a 140CR), you need the rev counter to check its still running! at idle,its ~900rpm, at 30 in 4th its doing about 1150rpm, hardly being used, 70 is <2000rpm. The gear change indicator is useful on the motorway as I keep forgetting about 6th! I think the problem is it sounds like other cars @ 70 when its in 5th, but then gets quieter when in 6th. Motorway speeds are quiet (a LOT quieter than other estates I driven). The cotrols on the cruise are not quite as good as the Passat I gave back in Sept, but I think thats just me needing to adapt to them. After 3weeks of driving (~1500miles) they're getting second nature now.

I went for the Columbus upgrade (on SE) plus the bluetooth phone kit. It is fantastic. Brilliant piece of kit. lack of 7 digit postcodes is a slight niggle, but the other benefits more than make up for it. A feature that brings a massive smile to my face is when someone sends a text message, you can either read on the Columbus,on the MFD, or the Colubus can read it out!!! Totally amazing :D.

MPG is good as well, currently showing 51 on the MFD, actual works out to be 49. I'm happy with that on a new engine.

The main downside (if you can call it that) is the p.... taking at work about the size of the car, comments like "wheres your 'Long Vehicle' sticker", "do you know your taking up two spaces with that car", "have you got ropes fornt & back to moor it? Its the size of the Queen Mary!", Oh and because of the sunset glass & the colour in the bright sun, it gets called the pimpmobile :rofl:

I used to have a Scenic as a company car - awful...truly awful car. The worst car I've had (and I used to own a Marina years ago!), then been in Vectras & Passats for 19 months whilst I got sorted with the Superb. It was worth the wait.

Overall, its got the right name - it IS what it says on the tin!

how do you post photos (as per above) rather than a URL based link?

Host them in Photobucket or similar then use the insert image icon when creating a post and enter the url from photobucket. I'm no expert but that's how I do it.

Edited by Hillhound

Here you go Captain,

This is my Amethyst SE with Sunset. IMAG0195-nr.jpg

(hopefully you can see the pic, first go at linking :S )

Very nce but I always get this colour and Cappuccino mixed up when I see them in photos. In real life metal, the Cappuccino is very nice - very sleek and classy.

Congrats on your Superb.

BTW how do you link to get a photo to appear on the thread like your photo above ?

linking to photo- upload your photo to photobucket.com & click share (or something like that); this will give you a load of url's, copy the one for forum use, then when you're posting on here, click the insert image icon & paste the link into there - I think thats how I did it??

As for the colour, it looks more like the amethyst its supposed to when its in bright sun, on an overcast day (and when the car is mucky) it looks more browner somehow, somtimes almost a light bronze colour. One morning there was some dew on the roof & the morning sun was shining on it & it looked like real amethyst sparkling in the sun. I'll try & get a pic if circumstances allow again.

I'm running 2 monitors on my pc at the momnent & even the colour in the pic changes depending which monitor its shown on. Its one of the colours you really need to see in the tin.

I've seen the Cappuchino on a saloon & it looked really smart.

linking to photo- upload your photo to photobucket.com & click share (or something like that); this will give you a load of url's, copy the one for forum use, then when you're posting on here, click the insert image icon & paste the link into there - I think thats how I did it??

As for the colour, it looks more like the amethyst its supposed to when its in bright sun, on an overcast day (and when the car is mucky) it looks more browner somehow, somtimes almost a light bronze colour. One morning there was some dew on the roof & the morning sun was shining on it & it looked like real amethyst sparkling in the sun. I'll try & get a pic if circumstances allow again.

I'm running 2 monitors on my pc at the momnent & even the colour in the pic changes depending which monitor its shown on. Its one of the colours you really need to see in the tin.

I've seen the Cappuchino on a saloon & it looked really smart.

Re linking - that's for the tips dbskoda