Mapping Vrs Is it Worth it?

Right you guys may have covered this already.....Is it worth mapping one, what benifits do you get?Also any other info you know...Does it hurt engine in anyway? Last who and where can I get it done I live just south of leeds...What does it cost....Really want someone who knows there stuff so car does not get screwed up cheers..

Edited by mountie66

I can only comment on my Revo map but the car has been great in the year and a half since I got it done.

Benefits are more peak power (obviously) but more noticeable it the mid range hike in torque (and therefore power). The car now has so much power on tap from 4000 rpm that it makes it a real easy car to drive quick on twisty roads.

It must put more wear and tear on the turbo, engine and drive train but as someone said to me when I was considering it- what is a modern, well looked after car good for? 180k? 200k? would you really be that disappointed if you shorten its life by 20 or 30k? That is an extreme example, I doubt the effect of a conservative map would be that great.

What you must bear in mind is that it will weed out the weak points on your car if there are any. My one killed a coil pack within 1/2 a mile and two more followed suit in the coming weeks. They were the originals though and since replaced the car has been faultless.

Right thanks for replys..I have a induction kit on and a after market recirclating dump valve on it,that has made a difference ,Does anyone know where I can have one done at..Someone who knows what there on with.....and what the cost is?

anyone have info where to get a map done????

If you search this forum and go to tuning companies most of these if not all of them will provide mapping.

get some ideas from them as to what you want and what they can offer. Typically with your mods as they are light you would be going down the stage 1 route taking the car to around 210 bhp max.

I have REVO map on mine

you won't go wrong with that or there is Shark performance or custom tuning mapping companies. have a browse :thumbup:

Just booked mine in at sharks in mansfeild on oct 21st cant wait really looking forward to it :rofl::thumbup: They seem like a good bunch had a great conversation with the owner...seems to know his stuff.

Just booked mine in at sharks in mansfeild on oct 21st cant wait really looking forward to it :rofl::thumbup: They seem like a good bunch had a great conversation with the owner...seems to know his stuff.

well done you will be smiling when you pick the car up.....

Hi,

i have bought my vrs new in may this year and ready for a bit morre oopmh, I spent ages looking at different companies and costs and I am going to Shark Perofmance tomorrow to have stage 1 remap done. Will let you know whatI think after it has been done. But ben seems like a really good bloke and answered all my questions - also IF skoda delete the remap IF they enter the ECU during service / repair Ben has said will reinstall it for free.

get freedom membership and you get 10% of cost (I paid for it but not showing yet).

Had game sorting the insurance as AXA current provider refused to insure tried adrian flux but they came in very pricey, ended up with Admiral took an hour on the phone as they only quote on chips not remaps but after speaking to a manager there they agreed at same price as a chip which was £290 less than adrian flux best price (my insurance is pricey as do a lot of business mileage in it).

hope this helps

I have now had stage 1 remap done and really impressed with it - the car just keeps on pulling all the way up to 70 (never gone faster than this as its illegal) - I have heard it will go faster. Cant fault the remap or customer service from Ben @ shark - if you get it done there you wont be dissapointed - beware of cheap alternatives, you get what you pay for. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have now had stage 1 remap done and really impressed with it - the car just keeps on pulling all the way up to 70 (never gone faster than this as its illegal) - I have heard it will go faster. Cant fault the remap or customer service from Ben @ shark - if you get it done there you wont be dissapointed - beware of cheap alternatives, you get what you pay for. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah I heard those old diesels only do 70...... :rofl:

Totally different car and engine, but I'm loving my Shark Stage 1 too. No issues, loads more power and better economy when off-boost. The car's a bit of a weapon now actually. The thing goes like hell!