Bluetooth 9W7 module

I'd be interested to know what's involved in fitting one of these to a vRS which did not have the OEM bluetooth mobule fitted as standard - what wiring pre exists etc?

I would be interested to know this too...

Shark Performance - can you supply these units?

Mic wont be there unless you have factory fitted phone kit or voice control for Columbus. (well, there wasnt one in my VRS anyways!)

That Ebay kit looks good to me, price looks good as well, Interested to see how it compares to the Shark price - post that up when you get a reply......

Mic wont be there unless you have factory fitted phone kit or voice control for Columbus. (well, there wasnt one in my VRS anyways!)

That Ebay kit looks good to me, price looks good as well, Interested to see how it compares to the Shark price - post that up when you get a reply......

Will do :thumbup:

As far as I know, no, unless you already have the GSM module installed.

I think there's 2 threads on the go here.

1. Changing the GSM III module for the new GSM III+ to use non-rSAP handset such as the iPhone.

2. Installing the whole phone kit from scratch.

As far as I know, no, unless you already have the GSM module installed.

I think there's 2 threads on the go here.

1. Changing the GSM III module for the new GSM III+ to use non-rSAP handset such as the iPhone.

2. Installing the whole phone kit from scratch.

1. is easy - unclip, unplug, maybe unscrew then replace with new unit.

2. Is a little harder - from what I can tell the bluetooth unit can probably be secured or wedged behind the headunit so there's no need to route cabling through to the OEM installation location. But the microphone is a little more work - the headlining potentially needs to be loosened and the A pillar cover either removed or the cable tucked into it.

I'm happy doing 2 but really only if there is a visual diagram which shows all the steps!

1. is easy - unclip, unplug, maybe unscrew then replace with new unit.

I'm not sure it is that simple. SUK don't seem to know themselves, or if they do, are keeping it really quiet.

Swapping the previous yen unit looks nice and easy but is there any if the wiring pre-installed in the octavia if you don't have factory Bluetooth?

Anyone care to go out to their cars and have a look under the seats?? (my car isn't here yet!)

Swapping the previous yen unit looks nice and easy but is there any if the wiring pre-installed in the octavia if you don't have factory Bluetooth?

Anyone care to go out to their cars and have a look under the seats?? (my car isn't here yet!)

It appears not - I took a good look around while vacuuming the car out this evening.

I need to take a torch to the microphone slot to see about that - my biggest fear is that the headlining has to come off. I've never done that - the dash looks simple enough - very similar to the smart when I fitted a Parrot to that.

fitting the microphone is quite easy with the hardest part being getting the cable into the dash below the A pillar. Have a look at stus guide here - vrstu bluetooth guide

ive fitted and removed the full bluetooth kit on two octavias now and it gets easier every time :)

(Theres no pre-wiring by the way unless you have BT fitted from the factory) You should have a foam insert in the hole where the mic goes.