Air Con Switch light on Vrs not working

Buster

The switch light for my air con has stopped lighting up, is this likely to be the the bulb / switch being faulty or is it because my air con is on the blink? Any suggestions on the best way to tell??

Cheers!!

The switch light for my air con has stopped lighting up, is this likely to be the the bulb / switch being faulty or is it because my air con is on the blink? Any suggestions on the best way to tell??

Cheers!!

Vag com is the best way to tell emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Turn the temperature control all the way down and the fan on, then try it. If it blasts out icy cold air all is well, if it only comes out at ambient temperature you have a problem.

Turn the temperature control all the way down and the fan on, then try it. If it blasts out icy cold air all is well, if it only comes out at ambient temperature you have a problem.

Ambient temp being bloody cold at the minute lol, hence why i didnt suggest that emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Ambient temp being bloody cold at the minute lol, hence why i didnt suggest that emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Very true! I suppose the alternative is to go out on a cold morning, steam up the windscreen with plenty of heavy breathing and then seeing how quick the screen clears. Might look a bit dodgy to the neighbours though :giggle:

Another thought - stating the obvious here, but if the fan is switched off the AC won't come on, so make sure the fan is switched on.

Edited by JulieD

Cheers!!

Is it on all settings ( 1,2,3,4), could be the resistor pack, I had this and air con light didn't come on when

set to 1 only.

Is it on all settings ( 1,2,3,4), could be the resistor pack, I had this and air con light didn't come on when

set to 1 only.

Yep, checked tonight, that's what mine is doing!