Fluids

Fluids

First of all we need to set the record straight. I don't like computers, and they don't like me. Also I don't have time for trawling through pages and pages of threads that are totally irrelevant to what I'm looking for, so, if you don't want to help, DON'T, and if your main concern is the welfare of virtual kittens then go take a running jump. Preferably under a bus or something similar. I apologise to those of you who are willing to help it's just that I'm getting really sick of some of the pathetic people and their childish responses that I've had to deal with on here in the past. This is the last chance for someone on this site to help me out. So here goes,

1. How much oil does my octavia 1 vRS hold in the sump? It needs changing 

2. How much coolant/water does it hold and what is the mix ratio? It needs changing. 

3. Is ATE super blue racing brake fluid ok to use?

Thank you!

1. it holds around 4.5 litres,buy a 5l container & keep the rest for top up.

2. id mix it 50/50. id buy 2-3 litres of anti freeze. (make sure you buy the correct spec).

2. no idea......id personally just put normal dot 5 in.

don't put dot5 in - it'll knacker the seals - use either dot 4 or dot 5.1

What he said! DOT5 is silicone based, and is incompatible with our brake systems!

DOT5.1 or Super dot4 all the way

Yeah 5.1 absorbs water more readily, so needs changing pretty often. I run it in my bike, but I'd never run it in a road car. I'm too lazy....

I use Comma DOT 4 ( http://www.commaoil.com/productsguide/view/6/197 ).

If your vRS has the optional ESP, then you need brake fluid that covers ESP cars.

I tried to get some super DOT 4, but it's pretty hard to find. I gave up! The one I was after was Castrol Response Super DOT 4 ( http://www.castrol.com/castrol/multipleproductsection.do?categoryId=9014115&contentId=7027191 ).

Dot 5.1 will absorb water at exactly the same rate as dot 4 fluid, as dot 5.1 fluid it just dot 4 fluid that meets the dot 5 specs. Super dot 4 is the same as dot 5.1 just got a different name on the bottle. Nevetr mix dot 5 with dot 4 or dot 5.1, this will screw your whole belong system as the fluids are not compatible and congeele as well as potentially wreaking the seals.

The main advantage of using dot 5.1 is the higher boiling points, particularly the higher wet boiling point.