Another delay on a new VRS....

Sorry, but I needed to rant somewhere!!!

I ordered a new Octavia VRS CR in Anthracite (with Leather)through Forces Cars Direct (who use Motorpoint in Dartmouth) in late June & paid £300 deposit. I was told at the time to expect delivery in mid-September. I ordered my current Octy VRS from them 2 years ago & everything went fine.

In late August, as I'd not heard anything from FCD, I enquired about my order to be told I'd been delayed & was on build week 40 (04/10/2010 –10/10/2010) & could expect delivery 4-5 weeks after that.

Well today, as I'd not hand any contact at all from FCD, I enquired again. I've just been sent this:

I have spoken to the dealership and the build week on your new car has been put back, like a lot of my Skoda orders have.

The dates keep changing, so I cannot confirm when your car is definitely going to be built.

The current build week is 47 (22/11/2010-28/11/2010) but like I have said before this can come forward again.

I know that this is not the news that you were hoping to hear, but the dates are out of our control, all I can do is keep an eye on these for you and keep you updated.

Kind regards,

Kylie Bromley

Delivery Coordinator

Main Office: 0044 (0) 1522 814 010

German Free Phone: 0800 1800 119

Fax: 0044 (0) 1522 814 011

Web: www.forcescarsdirect.com

Is it just me, or am I well within my rights to be seriously p****d off about the whole flipping situation? :(

sorry to hear this about ur order! fingers crossed they build it earlier.

another diesel order bites the dust!!

i'm sorry, but this trend with diesels being delayed so much is getting more ridiculous.

i recently read an article (don't know how true it is) saying the VAG (volkswagen audi group) are not too pleased with how well the skoda brand is going, and r looking to "derefine" the skoda brand. people r choosing the fabia over the polo, the octavia over the golf, and the superb over the passat. this is hurting vw sales, they're bread & butter.

i didn't think this was true, but now i can c it in action - VAG is giving priority to fulfill vw or audi diesel orders, before satisfying skoda orders. VAG knows this will bring down the skoda demand....due to long waiting times, hence dissatisfied customers.

its a conspiracy i tell u!!!

sorry to hear this about ur order! fingers crossed they build it earlier.

another diesel order bites the dust!!

i'm sorry, but this trend with diesels being delayed so much is getting more ridiculous.

i recently read an article (don't know how true it is) saying the VAG (volkswagen audi group) are not too pleased with how well the skoda brand is going, and r looking to "derefine" the skoda brand. people r choosing the fabia over the polo, the octavia over the golf, and the superb over the passat. this is hurting vw sales, they're bread & butter.

i didn't think this was true, but now i can c it in action - VAG is giving priority to fulfill vw or audi diesel orders, before satisfying skoda orders. VAG knows this will bring down the skoda demand....due to long waiting times, hence dissatisfied customers.

its a conspiracy i tell u!!!

Total rubbish, as pointed out different brand, different factories, in different countries. It's a simple case of supply and demand - demand is high due to the good discounts Skoda are offering and they are struggling to keep up. This will also be reflected in the residual value of second hand models as they will be in more demand.

Seems to be a shortage of the 170 CR diesels. I have a 170 Yeti on order that has slipped 2 weeks but I am told that the lead time for orders placed now is 7-8 months (next May/June!)

Andy

You guys are brill, The cars are made in different factories by different people using similar parts. Where you make up these stories is beyond me, the joys of the web!!

This is true, that is why, when the facelift Octavia was launched, the vRS, Scout and 4x4 never had the new front and rear bodywork and lights, the tooling hadn't been installed in the factory that produces these cars.Look on the wikipedia page for the skoda octavia and you will see how many factories produce this one model of car.

Ian