Fabia VRS cruise control retro-fit

tramman

Yeah, I went for a drive as soon as we'd pieced it all back together but no luck at all. I'm getting a really odd fault code now that nobody seems to know of, I think it is the "You idiot you plugged it into the wrong plug" fault code.

As I said in the emails Anthony I think you know where you went wrong, it'll be a pain to get that wire out of the white plug but hopefully you'll manage it.

Have you identified what the fault code is?

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread, I'm hoping to buy a VRS but I'm wanting cruise control fitted for my long daily motorway commute. I've noticed that some of them don't show cruise control, so how much would it be for someone to fit this to my car?

Thanks in advance

Liam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello,

1. I have bought a Cruise control kit for my 2006 Fabia VRS, I got the kit from Skoda kit number BEA 400 002 what has got the wiring harness and switch. The car has a 6Q1 control unit, I have followed the instructions word by word I have connected the white wire to plug T11a/pin10. when I switched the cruise control on with my vcds I have taken the car for a run the cruise does not work, Plugged the vcds and found fault code 17977-cruise control switch (e45) P1569-35-00- implausible signal.
  2. I have been reading on here about cutting into the car harness at the ecu witch I don't want to do. can anyone shed some more light on this. I have seen someone saying T11b/pin6 Help needed..... 

• 2 years later...

Hi all, wondering if you can help me (sorry, old thread!) 

I have a 07 (mk1) Fabia Bohemia 1.9tdi estate.  Changed the stalk, didn’t work so changed the Ecu(?) module and the cruise control worked.  Problem is, now the boot won’t open from fob, and central locking of doors seems hesitant, but does work.   Is this a coding issue? Any ideas where I could get it looked at?

I have vagcom and did the change by the book.  Changed the module back so I could use the car.. but would like the cc to work! :) 

thanks in advance!