Front mounts?

HI folks,

im looking at buying a front mount for my mk1 vRS now i've found a kit from a company called 'turborevs' who are selling a kit for £250, now its for a mk4 golf 1.8t AUM engine. my question is will it or will i be able to make it fir my octy?? a friend who works for vw thinks it will but doesnt wanna say 100% for sure! now i know its not gonna be of the same quality as forge, but i refuse to pay the silly amounts they want! lol

thanks Brum

I've heard of several mkiv owners who have bought cheap FMIC's, & experienced problems with fitment & boost leak issues.

You're probably better off going for an uprated SMIC if you're on a tight budget.

Edited by pauldazzle

+1 i would agree, after buying an Ebay front mount it was A ): a pain in the backside to fit, B ): no matter how tight i did the clamps up the hoses would keep flying off under boost (Might be ok if your still running standard boost pressure but mine runs at 1.5 Bar)

Edited by banzaiman

HI folks,

im looking at buying a front mount for my mk1 vRS now i've found a kit from a company called 'turborevs' who are selling a kit for £250, now its for a mk4 golf 1.8t AUM engine. my question is will it or will i be able to make it fir my octy?? a friend who works for vw thinks it will but doesnt wanna say 100% for sure! now i know its not gonna be of the same quality as forge, but i refuse to pay the silly amounts they want! lol

thanks Brum

Off topic, but I think we both know a guy called Tony! Used to drive a black mk1 Golf.....

Back on topic..... Personally I'd go for an uprated SMIC. There's a guy on here that's developing one, and has already made the prototype and had it fitted. I'll look up the thread. Eurojet, Forge and a few others also do uprated SMIC's, but all pretty pricey.

Thanks for the advice guys,

i've decided to give it a go with the kit and if i dont succeed i'll bite the bullet and buy forge!

Just gotta sort out putting on a 'map' sensor into 1 of the pipes??? :wonder:

Hi bodge, yea i do know tony as a matter or fact :yes: yea he's still messing about with mark1's hahaha, he had a fabia on air for a while aswell and a bora 1.8t :thumbup:

Regards Brum

It definitely holds boost better at the top end.

I will get it on a dyno when I get the chance, see what it has done to the power :)

I look forward to the results - I hope that you get just rewards for all of the effort that you have put in :)