Fabia vRS on Top Gear tonight

Iwan

Not wanting to dwell on "I had a race with..." but since I fitted my Seat Sport Strut Brace my mates Cooper cant pull anything on corners anymore & straight line mine wipes the floor with it. The problem with the Fabia is it's lack of steering feel' date=' which means you are unsure when to push on etc, the Front Strut Brace solved this for me and gives a good level of feedback nowQUOTE']

Where did you get your strut brace from?

How much altogether for purchase and fitting?

Was it a worthwhile investment?

Was the difference definately noticeable?

Geese.

This what it looks like on the car. Definately made a difference in the handling. Very easy to fit just undo 4 bolts!!

http://www.briskoda.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=3610&c=500&userid=6448

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what some people say yes, but the handling IMO is nowhere near as bad as some people say. The main problems with it are, slightly lacking feel / weight in the steering (apparently a strut brace helps fix this) , a bit (but not that severe amount) of body roll through corners at speed, diving and pitching under hard braking/acceleration which makes the back end feel light under braking - dont do it on a corner whatever you do ;)

I have to agree with you there. Handling is fine. Heavy at the front end so inevitably it understeers & screeches but so long as you keep the power on you will corner fine. The steering seems to tighten up the faster you go. The one thing you have to do is get the tyre pressures right. I run 7psi over stock on the track & all that twitchy back end under braking & the feel of the tyres tucking under in fast corners disappears. For track use lower & stiffer will be the next step but on the road I don't think it is necessary.

I've had a load of fun with mine this year & on track it has overtaken plenty of much faster cars ie Skylines, Elises, Ferraris. Keep the throttle open & drive it around corners & you will be amazed.

Incidentally, have you noticed how on Top Gear that Clarkson always wins whatever comparison they do? Funny that.

Steve