Traction control light coming on by itself?

Once ive been driving for say 10 mins or so the traction control light comes on (the exclamation mark in a circle) and i cant turn it off via the button.

It doesnt appear to affect the traction at all... but just wondering if this is normal?

Also, does the light on mean traction controll is off?

Craig.

Once ive been driving for say 10 mins or so the traction control light comes on (the exclamation mark in a circle) and i cant turn it off via the button.

It doesnt appear to affect the traction at all... but just wondering if this is normal?

Craig.

i would get the fault codes read with VAGCOM etc

could be a wiring / wheel sensor problem or possible the switch to turn it off is faulty

if the light is on, i believe traction control is disabled due to a fault or it has been switched off with the switch by the air vents,

if traction control is working, when traction is lost the light flashes and from my experience engine power is often decreased temporary to regain traction, then the light goes out once everything is under control again

Is thi something worrying / expensive?

I have MOT next month... will they fail it?

My money is on the "LOAD SIGNAL WIRE" in the engine bay - it gives this fault when it breaks - 10 minute fix with a soldering iron

Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the symbol you describe one that shows a fault with the braking system, either low fluid or the handbrake is on?

Is what we though, but then after looking properly its not.

The one i have coming up is an exclamation mark in a triangle which is in like a circle with arrows either end! If you understand me :D

Craig.

Hold on thst light is to tell me my handbrake is on...... my tracation control one is the car with the squiggly lines behind it, like some dude having some fun on some ice...........

Hold on thst light is to tell me my handbrake is on...... my tracation control one is the car with the squiggly lines behind it, like some dude having some fun on some ice...........

Hmm. When i ever i press the TSR button or w,e it is it turns on and off the button i said...

Found an image (obviously not my fabia...)

IMG_0557.jpg

The orange one between the dials?

Its none of those.

But this: (obviously not from a fabia but its the same light)

IMG_0557.jpg

The orange one between the dials.

Im now thinking its something to do with the brakes. I know my disks are worn with a slight lip... but i dont see why the light comes on when i push the ASR button...

Edited by Craig Lovelock

Is that the Fabia II manual? The ASR light on the Fabia I looks different:

Nope, Fabia I manual.

The lights in that manual all match up perfectly with the lights in my 56 plate vRS? :wonder:

We had the same thing as the OP has described on his car happen on our Beetle. It turned out to be the ABS Sensor, luckily car was on warranty.

Lewwy

Guest BigJase88

yes it changed with the fabia facelift....

around 54/05

my 04 plate had a exclamation mark and my 05 had a skidding car

Guest BigJase88

my golf does it now and again

only way to tell is vcds check

saying that mines hasn't reappeared since i fitted a new battery

or have a few other faults

:o