Denison Gateway 5 in a MY11 octy RS

Hi all,

Just wondering what you guys sue for a alternative of a MDI and bluetooth?

I have on order a MY11 Octy RS wagon that has the columbus HU in it.

The Bluetooth kit they supply here is apparently pretty basic and doesnt integrate like the fiscon one does, and the fiscon ones in Aus are around 800 Bucks AUD which to me is a lot to pay for an integrated bluetooth then add the MDI as an option and you are up for another 300 bucks..

So i found that Denison do a product called gateway5 which integrates in the VW with the RNS510 and also has bluetooth and IPod control for 350 to AUS. A lot cheaper i think!

Andy put one in their car?

Last time I looked the 500 wasnt compatible on Octys, maybe things have changed. The 300 CAN should do what you want.

EDIT: Cant see the adaptors on their site anymore, Im sure they did a Bluetooth add on for the 300 :wonder:

Maybe the Gateway 5 would be better (dension site has pictures of gateway 5 on VW cluster) and that has bluetooth

Edited by Rhoobarb

Denison have got back to me, and they have an ETA mid 2011 for Skoda's..

So what else can i use?

Would be goood if there was a unit out there that does both, that would save me having to buy 2 different kits...

I have a Dension ice link (wired) fm modulator in mine. Works a treat. You need a double fakra cable to go with it. You have to tell them you want the aerial adapter for the Skoda Bolero. I got it fitted by a local auto electican. Then you just have it tuned into the correct channel and preset it.

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/Universal_FM_Modulator/Dension_ice%3ELink_FM_Modulator

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Accessories/Aerial_Adapters/DIN_to_Volvo_adapter_pack_for_FM_Modulator

Add this to basket and add in the customer comments you require a duel fakra connection for the bolero.