Help lost all electrics and power!

Choongmu

Currently sat on the hard shoulder of the m62 Waiting for the AA having lost all power!

All started with the traction abs and airback lights coming on. Then the stereo stopped working. Then just a complete loss of power!

I'm guessing it's got something to do with the torrential rain I've been driving through bit has anyone had anything similar happen? Am I looking at an expensive bill?

Guest westallc

yep deffo look at the fuse box ontop of tha battery has all the hall marks of this failing

hope you get it sorted asap

Edited by westallc

Same discriptsion as when mine went

Cheers guys. AA have diagnosed a knackered alternator. Came and replaced the battery and it started up fine. Then kindly followed me to the garage. Good job too as it went again 2 miles from it. A1 service from the AA.

Anyone know of how much an alternator and fitting is. It's been left with the garage.

Cheers guys. AA have diagnosed a knackered alternator. Came and replaced the battery and it started up fine. Then kindly followed me to the garage. Good job too as it went again 2 miles from it. A1 service from the AA.

Anyone know of how much an alternator and fitting is. It's been left with the garage.

Was the alternator warning light (looks like a battery) on before everything died?

Was the alternator warning light (looks like a battery) on before everything died?

Hi mate, no alternator light. Just abs, traction and airbag all came on at the same time the stereo switched off. then a mile later all power cut out.

Hi mate, no alternator light. Just abs, traction and airbag all came on at the same time the stereo switched off. then a mile later all power cut out.

Well you guys are great and the AA is rubbish. Garage (who know what they're talking about) called me and it's the fuse box on top of the battery.

I saw an expose on the AA a few years ago which showed that AA were needlessly replacing batteries.

I had to call the AA out after when I inadvertently left the lights on my company Volvo T5, & the battery discharged. The AA man was desperate to replace the battery, but I refused to let him, & made him jump start the car. Had the car a further 2 years without issue!

Seems that they still have a battery replacement policy. :thumbdown: