V7 maps for Columbus

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know what version is installed?

My MY11 Superb was built BW43 (last week in October) so I assume it should have V7 installed on it already :giggle: what's the betting it doesn't though?

I won't be able to check it for a week or two when it arrives tho'.

Why not post some details then? Instead of just attention seeking and posting cryptic replies. I thought the idea of this forum was to help people

Ahem..........some forums would have closed this thread already, as they don't condone this sort of thing, so it's a bit rich criticising Carl for posting what he has :wonder:

I assume that most of the people have questionable copies and therefore posting links etc will just get the thread removed as it's against Briskoda's rules.

(I am not saying Carl's is, but many of them will be)

Why not post some details then? Instead of just attention seeking and posting cryptic replies. I thought the idea of this forum was to help people

I don't need to attention seek mate.

The amount of time I'm on this forum as of late (I.e virtually not at all) doesn't warrant it and its not my style.

As for Cryptic message. If you had common sense you would realise that as you can't download the map maybe I have it on disc. So there are only two ways to get the disc. Legitimately (if your nearest dealer has it) and a copy!!!

Had you not been such a twonk and posted what you have I might have actually leant you my disc to install. However as you seem to want to draw attention to yourself you will not get the disc from me and will therefore have to resort to either buying it or downloading it whenever it becomes available.

As for helping people. I think most people on here who know me will tell you i often go out of my way to help people. Unfortunately due to your attitude you will never be one of them.

Hope that clarifies things for you

Edited by vRSCarl

Some information for you all about the maps.

Map version is 7333

7 Digit post coding has to be licensed which is why up to now any VAG map (even top of the range Audi Nav) have never had it. The license is extortionate.

However good news is V7 maps do indeed support 7 digit postcode. However not like a tom-tom.

You input the code and after the 6th digit you will get a prompt list for the postcode your after. The list is the full 6 or 7 digits not like on previous version where it would for example say SW1 1 and that's it. Then after pressing that you still then have to select street but this time you get one street to choose not from a whole list. If for example you have an obscure postcode you can enter the full 7 digits ( my home postcode is like that as we live on a newly built estate)

The map data iirc from the cdtoc file is Q4 2010. I'm away at the moment and don't have my laptop with me but when I get back i will post up the details of the cdtoc file. I'm pretty sure it's bang up to date. It must be actually. I have been using it for 2 weeks and it has the new roads on near me that where only done in summer.

Hope that helps. I will post up screen shots next weekend when I get back

It will be interesting to see what version my new Superb turns-up with. To be fair in my limited experimentation with the demonstrators I borrowed the lack of 7 digit post code lookups wasn't a massive problem assuming you have the full address details of your destination.

Best regards

David

Officially the only place to purchase the maps are a Seat/Skoda/VW dealer (its the same disk for the VW/Seat/Skoda version of the RNS-510). they do sometimes crop up on ebay and certain other sources.