V7 maps for Columbus

Red light camera on the left and speed camera on right.

Only problem is that Ill spend all my time looking at the screen and not the road! emoticon-0144-nod.gif

SDC12106.jpg

Oh, so there's no provision for getting a warning of 'on-route' cameras then, presumably. If that's the case, it's the most banal, useless and, possibly, dangerous implementation of speed cameras I can imagine. Oh that the speed camera functionality of even my ancient Tom Tom were includedemoticon-0106-crying.gif

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so there's no provision for getting a warning of 'on-route' cameras then, presumably. If that's the case, it's the most banal, useless and, possibly, dangerous implementation of speed cameras I can imagine. Oh that the speed camera functionality of even my ancient Tom Tom were includedemoticon-0106-crying.gif

Dunno, I havent driven with the sat nav active where there are any camaras yet, I'll let you know when I do.

I'll use my iphone with the pocketgpsworld.com speed camera database for speed cameras.

Mike

I've managed to find the v7 maps with cameras and burnt the dvd. The maps work fine from the dvd but I've forgotten how to transfer the map data to the hard disc!

Can anyone help with the simple transfer procedure?

Many thanks.

I've managed to find the v7 maps with cameras and burnt the dvd. The maps work fine from the dvd but I've forgotten how to transfer the map data to the hard disc!

Can anyone help with the simple transfer procedure?

Many thanks.

When I updated to the previous map release as the disc was inserted a message came up offering the option to use map from DVD or copy to HDD.

Maybe try taking the disc out and putting it back in?

I took delivery of my new car last week with v6.1 of the maps.

I called the dealers today who were unaware that v7 is released. "We just send you the disks that Skoda send us" etc, etc. They will check with Customer Services and get back to me.

I'm not expecting this to be easy :(

Does anyone know if these Columbus maps work with the Amundsen unit, if transfered to a capable SD card on a computer or mac before plugging it in to the unit in the car? I've just ordered an Octavia with the Amundsen, but I discovered that it only reads CD's and I probably have to buy each contry separate when going om a road trip in Europe... :'(

If there's no workaround, it would have been cheaper to buy the Columbus than the Amundsen with full European map support (x-times CD's) I guess...

Well here is the proof that some Doubting Thomas' wanted

Oh and it's not my Postcode btw i just know it is a 7 digit one

This is what you would normally have seen and then after this screen you would have been presented with a list of TN21 1 no's

2e5dee1c.jpg

However now you can enter in all 7 digits

8d91ab91.jpg

You then get this

71e3cee0.jpg

Does 7333 contain speed cameras ?

Then when you press that you then get the Select street etc screen. When you press select street you get this

a9dfd90b.jpg

And then you just select no. and away you go.

The info from the cdtoc file is

Continental Automotive GmbH

I IC RD G SW NM DB

Content

Volume: CD_7333

Date: 11.8.2010

db: EU(2009Q4)

Area: West Europe

Supplier: Navteq

Version: 505.20.942.9.84

Customer: 1627387139

Customer Info: VW

Features: V10

TPD: 2010087006

SVD:

TMC: 20100804

Phoneme: yes

DBAL: V5.18 V6.28 V7.20

Hope that clarifies things for some :)

Did you get v7 with your new car David?

Yes - thanks to the nice chaps @ Rainworth Skoda :thumbup: .

As my car had been sitting at the dealer for best part of a month I assumed I would be getting v6.1.

Best regards

David

Is it me, or is the columbus now slower at loading destinations using v7 maps? I installed them today and it seems to take longer to respond to inputs now.

My Yeti came with a columbus unit installed, which is only a week old now. No idea how to tell what version of software it is running. I don't have access to VAG COM.

Mike

Grateful if someone could direct me to a location for V7 via PM - and not a map to my local dealer emoticon-0100-smile.gif

I found a download after a bit of searching, and I guess many will do this. I haven't downloaded them, and I do have reservations about the morality, and legality. Praps that's just me being stupid. I am engaging with my dealer and I am hoping to get there by more (to me) acceptable means...

Is it me, or is the columbus now slower at loading destinations using v7 maps? I installed them today and it seems to take longer to respond to inputs now.

My Yeti came with a columbus unit installed, which is only a week old now. No idea how to tell what version of software it is running. I don't have access to VAG COM.

Mike

See if your Columbus allows you to input a full postcode, if it does you have v7. If not, you have v6.1 or older.

Mark.

See if your Columbus allows you to input a full postcode, if it does you have v7. If not, you have v6.1 or older.

Mark.

Is the 7 digit postcode a feature of the maps, the firmware, or are both V7 maps and a specified version of fw required?

Cheers,

Lou

I do have reservations about the morality, and legality. Praps that's just me being stupid.

Not at all - everyone has their moral boundaries. I used to use game backups for my consoles, but are now 100% legit for no real concrete reason other than I feel I should, and can afford it these days.

Probably the wrong place for an ethics debate :)

Mark.

Mine seems to only allow a 5 digit postcode, BUT there is a copy of V7 in the glovebox, so I am assuming V6.1 has been loaded? (I hasten to add that I not checked properly or RTFM yet)

The 7 Digit Postcode functionality is a part of the mapping and the firmware.

If you do not have any of the firmwares i have listed below you will only have the new map data and not the search functionality.

In order (don't worry about no.s)

2664 (Beta so if you have this i recommend going to 2724 or 2764)

1304 (Latest - only difference is no voice control but you need bluetooth for this anyway)

Both 3804 & 3814 are pre release Betas, only work on B revison nav units, require V7 maps so install them at your own risk.

HTH

Carl :thumbup:

Stig - do you know if one invests in the latest V7, you also get a firmware upgrade - or how does one arrange that (ie do you know if its another 'pay through the nose' thing)?

Thanks for all the info!

Mine seems to only allow a 5 digit postcode, BUT there is a copy of V7 in the glovebox, so I am assuming V6.1 has been loaded? (I hasten to add that I not checked properly or RTFM yet)

Ignore that just tried it again and it DOES accept a 7 digit postcode emoticon-0111-blush.gif

(V7 & 2724)

Stig - do you know if one invests in the latest V7, you also get a firmware upgrade - or how does one arrange that (ie do you know if its another 'pay through the nose' thing)?

Thanks for all the info!

No they are 2 seperate discs. Most dealers won't touch the firmware upgrades. You can download the firmware from VWNavi.com

Just follow the instructions posted on there and as long as you haven't got a RNS that has had the EEPROM soldered (usually indicated by no code card and a code of 1234) then you "should" be fine to upgrade.

Just be aware though all firmware upgrades are at your own risk.

Carl