Aiming screenwash jets '04 VRs

Vagophile

Winter's here and there's lots of crud on the roads. Time to seriously start using the screenwashers again. Oops! - I forgot, my '04 VRs justs blasts screenwash at the bottom of the screen when I turn on the washwipe. I noticed this a year ago when I bought it: no problem I thought, out with my trusty pin to adjust the aim. Couldn't believe that the jet nozzles don't swivel! This major design omission was confirmed by my local Skoda dealer (Wings, Peterborough), without any suggestion as to remedy. As I have spent the summer months enjoying myself in Greece, I have been rather remiss about solving the problem. Anyone got the fix? I have looked on the forums, but it doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

Winter's here and there's lots of crud on the roads. Time to seriously start using the screenwashers again. Oops! - I forgot, my '04 VRs justs blasts screenwash at the bottom of the screen when I turn on the washwipe. I noticed this a year ago when I bought it: no problem I thought, out with my trusty pin to adjust the aim. Couldn't believe that the jet nozzles don't swivel! This major design omission was confirmed by my local Skoda dealer (Wings, Peterborough), without any suggestion as to remedy. As I have spent the summer months enjoying myself in Greece, I have been rather remiss about solving the problem. Anyone got the fix? I have looked on the forums, but it doesn't seem to appear anywhere.

I have exactly this same problem. Fitted my nice new Bosch Aero wipers, tested the wash jets, and realised they're not pointing at the screen. No problem, I thought, and went to get a trusty pin. On close inspection though, nothing is adjustable. New ones from the stealers are about £1.50 each, apparently, so I will get them when I go to pick up a rear wiper, which is dealer only by the looks of things.

Thanks Mike. Looking at other loosely related forum topics, is it a scuttle off job and replacement mushroom heads just in case? Might as well be prepared for the worst!

Slamby, are your new jets from the stealers going to be adjustable? Did you ask?

I think that you should find that all new fan-jets are adjustable - the complete "bar" can be pivoted - well at least the VW ones can be from 1998>2004 can be.

Mine were shooting too low too. I bought new jets from local VW dealer, think they were £2 or so each.

Fitting them is easy enough, lift bonnet, prise up the scuttle, and wedge open with a screwdriver, just so u can get your fingers underneath and unclip the old jet and disconnect the water pipe.

Fit new one (s) and you're done.

There is no way to adjust them, and they are fixed into position, and they are different in size to the ones on my mk4 Golf (which are adjustable). Don't need adjusting anyway, as they are perfectly aimed as they are (brand new)