Skoda Screenwash

HotRod

Does anyone know what mix ratio you use the soda screens at? I am assuming its 1 to 4 with water to make 5 litres.

Screenwash

If you open the flap from the bottom front of the label there is a visual indicator showing the ratio of solution to water in relation to the °C protection, It shows a picture of the container with a pictoral image of water drops to indicate ratio. Hope this helps

If you open the flap from the bottom front of the label there is a visual indicator showing the ratio of solution to water in relation to the °C protection, It shows a picture of the container with a pictoral image of water drops to indicate ratio. Hope this helps

Doh! What a silly place to put it.

So its 2 water to 1 screenwash for down to -16.

What's the capacity of the water bottle in a 10 plate octavia estate?

What's the capacity of the water bottle in a 10 plate octavia estate?

I just filled up my washer bottle and it gobbled up a whole 5 litre container.

I looked there and just saw load of different languages not saying very much. Must go and take another look, as I was wondering what the mix ratio should be, especially as I'm driving down to the alps in Jan and will probably need to cope with even lower temperatures.

You can go 1-1, which is good down to -20something, which sounds like a lot, until you add a 50mph windchill factor to the outside temperature!

In fact, you can, in theory, use it straight, which should give you -30.

windchill does not affect freezing points of fluids, only the rate of heat loss froma body

things will cool faster (at the same rate they would if it was -50C for example) but would never actually get lower than the ambient temperature

windchill does not affect freezing points of fluids, only the rate of heat loss froma body

things will cool faster (at the same rate they would if it was -50C for example) but would never actually get lower than the ambient temperature

Ooooooohhhhh.

So that why the weather man says the wind chill will make if FEEL like a lower temperature.

Thou learns summat everyday! :thumbup:

Right - I used 1 bottle of screenwash to 2 bottles of water and it stopped the car from warning me I had to top up.

That was on 23rd Nov..

Now - either, I have a leak in the system, or have been using the washers a little more excessively than usual (what with the bad weather and all), as I got in the car this morning, over took a truck and had to use the washers only to be greeted by Washer fluid low warning on the dash.

Dammit.. Luckily I was passing a Skoda garage, so I popped in and got 2 more bottles..

Is anyone else hating the snowy / cold weather or is it just me?